“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Thornton, Colorado
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

We stayed here a few nights after spending a week in Japan. The hotel staff was very nice and friendly, and the rooms were very modern and clean. They had nice outside seating out front, and the beds were comfortable. The only complaint I had was that it got a little loud one of the nights (it was a Friday) and our room was situated close enough to the outside seating that we could hear whatever party was going on outside. I was entirely too tired to care after adjusting to the time change, but it's worth noting. Within walking distance to Rodeo Drive. Overall, very good value and a great location!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank agraves10

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Nanjemoy, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

This is the second vacation that my teenage daughter andI have spent at this hotel. We love the location. It Is walking distance to Rodeo drive. The rooms are adequate. I would recommend staying on the 2nd floor. We heard the people above us like they were in the same room with us. We booked our stay with Bookit.com and got free breakfast included in our rate. It was delicious and they offer outside seating in the beautiful California sun! The hotel is affordable and the staff is very friendly and accommodating. I really have no complaints about the hotel but there are a few things they could do to make your stay a little more convenient. The room we stayed in had the full length mirror on the inside of the bathroom with the only towel hook right above the mirror. So you basically got dressed in the room, had to go into the bathroom, shut the door, take your towel down so you could look in the mirror, that could all be prevented by putting the mirror on the other side of the door or somewhere else in the room. It also would be great if they could add a couple more hooks in the bathroom. Also, our room door did not fit tightly so every time the air came on there was a whistle through the door. We had to keep a rolled up towel under the door. Of course these are minor issues and will not prevent us from staying here again.

Room Tip: 2nd floor for a more quiet room
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank lorims
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

a great find for our friends and us, the staff is great, breakfast is scrumptious and included in the price, the rooms are nice and clean, a lovely little bar and also a dinner menu with good choices. We can recommend it and if we are back in LA, we'll be staying here

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank BB1Tampa
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

I was supposed to stay at another hotel, but due to a *questionable glitch in their reservation system, I was informed I had to find alternate accommodations. By default, I made a reservation here, prepared to be let down since I was not at my 'first choice' hotel. I stayed here for three nights last month. I thought I'd be underwhelmed because it is on the smaller side and not well known. This is a TRUE boutique hotel.

All you're supposed to do in your room is sleep and get dressed, right? I was in room 208, a Queen. Yes it had a TV. Yes it had a private bathroom. Yes it had a ceiling fan. Yes it had a closet (no dresser though). The bed was comfortable, the sheets were soft, the bathroom was clean, and it was very quiet at night. So, all the bases are covered.

Well now that we've gotten that out of the way, let me say this: Hotels were invented to give weary travelers a place that feels like a nicer version of their own home. To say I felt 'at home' here is a HUGE understatement. I lived in LA for 20 years and can honestly say, I really DID feel at home. I WISH I LIVED IN THIS HOTEL. The service here truly makes you feel like a VIP in your own place.NOT MY SECOND CHOICE ANY MORE!!

The staff is EXTREMELY warm, friendly and accommodating. The fried olives in the lounge (sound questionable, but NOT!!) were a most delicious snack. Great wine list. Good strong hot coffee in the morning. The towels were fluffy and super absorbent. Having worked in many upscale environments with a background in customer service myself, I am a service snob. Winston, Connie and everyone else on staff that I met MORE than exceeded my expectations. I can unequivocally say, I DID NOT WANT TO LEAVE! I've already recommended them to a local business that has frequent out of town visitors, and even went back AFTER I'd checked out to stay with friends for a few days JUST TO SAY GOODBYE. Go for the location, stay for the service.

Fantastic does not cover it. Can't say enough good things about Susan, the owner. Her attention to detail and knack for hiring the PERFECT staff for this Beverly Hills JEWEL are uncanny. I can't wait to have another trip back so that I can stay here again. And yes, there WILL be a next time. Love you guys!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
California Desert, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

We live an hour away, but wanted to stay overnight for a Beverly Hills family dinner. Most importantly, this smallish hotel is a great value in tres expensive BH. But it's also a great location, being within a short walk of Spago, Mastros and other tony restaurants. You can't find a better location for walking to BH shopping and dining.

Nice rooms in a somewhat-Spartan post-modern style.

Valet parking was, for BH, quite reasonable and featured in-and-out privileges.

There's a breakfast, but the hotel is a three-minute walk to numerous BH breakfast places, including the famed - and fun - Nate n Al's.

It's very convenient, inexpensive (again, for BH) and the service was excellent.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor and, yes, you can hear footsteps above. But it was not a key factor for...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jim R
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

My husband and I visited the Cresent Hotel in Beverly Hills for my birthday. The experience was wonderful. The price for the location is unbelievable. The cleaning staff were fantastic. I do not know where to start with the front desk staff; my main man Beau, James whom let me call him Aaron for 4 days, and Winston the funniest person in BH; were very helpful from recommending local restaurants to printing directions to various attractions. The live jazz on Thursday nights is a must for anyone staying. I will be returning once a year from now on....
K. Melendez, Chicago

Room Tip: The entire hotel was quiet and well maintained.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple