“My new favorite spot in LA”

Crescent Hotel Beverly Hills
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Hoboken, New Jersey
“My new favorite spot in LA”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I am SO excited to have come upon this hotel and will definitely be back! I typically stay with friends when coming here but could not on this stay so did a little research. I read the reviews but was not concerned and really found them to be unfounded.
This property feels like you are staying in a beautiful old Beverly Hills mansion that has been renovated and staffed with people that are truly dedicated to making your stay wonderful!
From the moment I checked in I was made to feel like a celebrity...typically I hold on to my luggage when I check into a hotel but they simply would not hear of it. You did not get the impression the vale was doing it for just a tip, he made me feel that he just did not find it acceptable for a woman to carry her bags up the few steps into the small lobby! I was then escorted by the valet and the gentleman at the front desk to my room while also being given a tour of their bar/lounge area (which was lovely).
The room is small but modern and well appointed. The bed was comfortable but I would have liked a couple of extra pillows as the ones provided looked like they were for a child.
The bathroom is small as well but I loved the cement floor and whatever patina was coated on the walls...I have a beach house and I want it for my bathroom as it looks like wet sand.
The thermostat is a little difficult to figure out and there was cold air blowing out of the vent, I mentioned it when I came back from dinner on my first night and someone at the desk immediately came to my room to adjust the temp and close the vent. A few minutes later another gentleman arrived with a space heater but I declined that (it was really nice of them though and the man kept saying he wanted to make sure I was comfortable).
The lounge is very comfortable for both the late night drink I had after dinner and the interviews I needed to conduct in the morning. There is a very nice outdoor area but alas it rained most of my time there so I could not enjoy it.
The location is perfect and literally in the middle of everything you would want to see or go to in Beverly Hills!
Upon departure I was given madeline cookies which I enjoyed on my flight back to NYC, it was the perfect sweet ending to a lovely stay. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Laurenkarl
Guest Care T, Manager at Crescent Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am always eager to hear from our guest. We are here to ensure you have a wonderful stay and are ready to see to all of your needs. I am so glad to hear that your concerns were quickly addressed. We love taking care of our guests and especially seeing them return. Come see us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Monroe, New Jersey
Reviewed November 29, 2013

This was my first trip to the west coast and I had an amazing time. The crescent hotel was without a doubt one of time nicest places I stayed. The service was great everyone was so helpful and kind. The food was delicious and their was a nice variety of meals from breakfast to dinner. The lobby was very spacious, comfortable, and plenty of room for the whole family. Outside on the deck was incredible with all the couches and places to eat. The heaters outside had to be my favorite thing because when it got a little cold at night it warmed everything up. Making dinner a fascinating experience and all in all the crescent hotel made my trip to the west coast a spectacular time.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful comments. I will be sure to share with the chef how much you enjoyed your meals. Evenings on the terrace can be very special and I'm glad this was your experience. I hope that you will make many more trips to the west cost and especially to Beverly Hills! Please come and see us again.
Chula Vista, Ca.
Reviewed November 25, 2013

The Crescent Hotel is truly a Diamond set in the midst of a city full of gems. This was our third trip back to this charming and unique boutique hotel and this time was the best thus far. The changes they have made, some subtle, some dramatic, have only added to the atmosphere one expects and appreciates in Beverly Hills. To have the service and food being equally impressive makes this place the perfect getaway.

Denise and Bart

Stuart, Florida
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Better than before great service good food comfortable & clean 2 blocks from Rodeo Drive. A reasonable rate. We shall return next year.the new entrance on Brighton st opens out a larger area for food & drinks with the warmth of the new style heaters. A very relaxing California feeling. Jim & Lita

New York City, New York
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Located in Beverly Hills, this hotel has such a cute atmosphere about it. Upon check-in, my two friends and I received a complementary glass of wine. The rooms are quite small but tastefully decorated. I would stay here again if I return to L.A.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Mexico
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

What a great hotel in the center of Beverly Hills. All the staff are really friendly. Nice Patio, internet free in all the hotel. It is located 2 blocks from Rodeo Dr. They have parking lot that it is $27 per night. Not cheap but safe. I totally recommend this hotel if you like the Hotel Boutique style. They don't have elevator to the second floor but all the time is somebody of the staff ready to help you if you need it.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stayed in The Crescent hotel for 4 nights during July 2012 (but I forgot to make my review back then). However, I would still like to write my review for this great hotel!
The hotel is located in a 5mins walking distance (something unheard for LA) to Rodeo Drive and it is close to bars, restaurants, hop on – hop off bus stops etc..
The room was very clean, and so where all of the public areas in the hotel. The only weak point in the room was the small closed and the permanent operation of the air-condition.
The bathroom was modern and also clean. The staff of the hotel (bar/restaurant, reception desk) was VERY POLITE and helpful.
The lounge area was very nice and offered free WiFi. We had breakfast and dinner in the hotel and the food was well prepared.
Overall, a small/cozy hotel in a perfect location, friendly staff & clean rooms!! What else do you need form a hotel?

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple