“Wonderful staff; great location; friendly lounge area”

Crescent Hotel Beverly Hills
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We were very, very impressed with the great staff at this hotel! You can tell the management really cares about their guests. Everyone really went out of their way to be accommodating, friendly and helpful. We had a stylish, specious room with a king bed and sitting area as well. The room had air conditioning and a ceiling fan, which was needed since we were visiting during a heat wave. The bathroom was small, yet modern. We also really liked the lounge / restaurant area. It's perfect for breakfast, and the food is fantastic (try the egg white frittata!) There is also a great patio with lots of comfortable couches and tables. Monica, one of the servers, was cheerful and provided excellent service each day. It also has a great bar so you can have a drink in the evening...its fun yet cozy. It's especially nice if you don't want to go out.
The hotel is situated in the heart of Beverly Hills, and you an walk just about everywhere, which is unheard of in LA. There are tons of restaurants, bars and shops just outside. A lively neighborhood!
The only thing missing from this great Beverly Hills hotel is a pool...but if you don't need one, then it's not a big deal. Overall, a great stay & we will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marla C
Guest Care T, General Manager at Crescent Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Thank you for your gracious thoughts about your stay her and about our team at our Beverly Hills Hotel.

When you say "..its fun yet cozy. It's especially nice if you don't want to go out " - that is exactly what we hope to give our guests as an experience.

Many thanks,
James and Susan - Guest Care

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The staff at the Crescent Hotel were amazing! I loved my stay in BH and I won't stay anywhere else when I'm in LA. The restaurant is also a good place to dine!

Quality of the rooms was brilliant - I loved the boutique look of the hotel. It was nothing like your usual hotel chains.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank DylanSmith16
Guest Care T, General Manager at Crescent Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for staying with us.

No, our room designs are nothing like a chain hotel. Thank you for taking the time to notice the care that has gone into our rooms.

Many thanks,
Susan and James, Guest Care

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed here twice. Once many years ago and then for 5 days last month. Love this place.
You can walk to anyplace in Beverly Hills from this great location. Great restaurants within yards of the hotel. I had a king room on first floor. Room was quiet and large enough to have a king bed, Sofa, Table and Chairs and refrigerator. Very clean. All Staff members where so friendly and helpful in every way. Hotel has a bar and lounge /living room area with sofa and fireplace.
Anxious to go back and stay again!

Room Tip: If you have trouble climbing stairs let them know because No elevator.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Flhappy

Thank you for all your kind reflections of your stay with us. We keep trying. But it is our guests who make the hotel come to life.

Thanks,
Susan and James, Guest Care

Reviewed August 28, 2013

The less-than-stellar earlier reviews made me a bit nervous about the Crescent. Then I learned that they had recently finished an upgrade. Well, let me tell you this. I travel to Beverly Hills twice a year. And if nothing changes in this hotel, I will make sure to stay here every time.
The Crescent is small, really friendly, clean, decorated in a lovely, bright retro fashion, and personal in an amazing way. it's small, with 27 rooms and a kind of half a lobby. But add to that a lovely lounge and terrace that's available for use 24 hours and staffed by the most lovely people,(even the housekeeping staff was friendly, funny and happy to meet you) and you really don't need more.
I got an internet deal for $179, and my room was, to put it romantically, bijoux(but with internet included). Each room is decorated uniquely, and mine was very cute. Very small(200 sq feet) with a corner bathroom that at first looked tiny, but ended up being the perfect size(I mean, how much room do you really need at a sink?). Besides, I spent most of my free time in the lounge working and visiting with other guests and staff. The clientèle is varied and fascinating. Also in the lounge, the hotel provides a small restaurant for breakfast and dinner with a small but beautifully realized menu,a really well-stocked bar, and great servers.
The hotel is ground zero in Beverly Hills, with all the fun places walkable, and a really cool little Italian sidewalk restaurant, Il Pastaio, right around the corner. At the same time, it's far enough away from most foot traffic to be quiet(parking is expensive at $27 for valet, but for me it was worth it)
As for the personal touches, when I checked in the guy at the desk noticed on my license that it was my birthday. When I went in for dinner a few hours later, I was presented with a lovely brownie/ice cream desert with a candle. REally nice touch. Not only that, but since I knew the dates of my next trip, Tristan the current manager offered me not just a discount(a really nice one) but an upgrade in room. I truly cannot think of any reason to stay anywhere else on the west end of LA.

Room Tip: If you have advance notice of your trip, call the desk and see if you can get a discount for paying...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank EileenDreyer

Thank you for your reflections on all that we are doing here at our Beverly Hills hotel to give our guests a special stay in LA.

I will mention your comments to Tristan.

Many thanks for returning,
Susan and James, Guest care

Reviewed August 20, 2013

It is kind of a Boutique Hotel, with a pretty nice design in all ambients. It is a pity that part of it was being reformed while we were there, so I couldn't check out the final result. All staff was extremely polite and solicitous. It is located really really close to the best part of the famous Rodeo Drive, with plenty of restaurants, cafes, clubs and boutiques. There is a vallet service (not included) and you are supposed to also tip it, not a surprise, and actually the vallet guy is also really nice, so it was always a well deserved tip. Next time I go to LA I will go back for sure.

The only thing that didn't go really nice was that by mistake, my credit card was billed twice because I had paid my stay in advance by booking.com and at the moment of the checkout the person that closed my account there didn't notice that. But everything was resolved kind of easily as soon as I noticed that (when I was already back to Brazil.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RaphaelBB
Guest Care T, General Manager at Crescent Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

We thank you for your kind words and apologize for the reservation charging error. Your agent usually never pre-bills before a guest stays so we had a learning curve in discovering that - along with you.

Thank you.
Susan and James

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Just returned from a 7-night stay at the beautiful Crescent Hotel Beverly Hills. Can't say enough good things about this gem of a hotel centrally located in Beverly Hills. The queen room was beautifully decorated, well-appointed and very comfortable for me and my husband. The side-by-side single rooms occupied by our teenage son and daughter were perfect and met our family's needs exactly. The entire hotel staff, from the front desk to restaurant and housekeeping, all went out of their way to make our stay relaxing and complication-free. We couldn't have asked for better service, accommodations or location.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Dina N

Thank you so much for your warm compliments about your stay with us, your rooms, and our team.

We certainly enjoyed having you all stay with us.

Best wishes, Susan and James

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Cute boutique hotel in the best location, close to everything in Beverly Hills. The staff was so friendly and accommodating. We had a family reunion and they arranged our dinner on their lovely patio dining area. The atmosphere, food and service couldn't have been nicer. They really went out of their way to make sure everyone in our group was happy with everything. I highly recommend this hotel if you want a more personal boutique hotel.

Room Tip: There are only a few rooms with a king bed, so request it early if you prefer a king bed to a queen...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ventanaconcierge

Thank you for your kind comments about our care of your reunion. We will pass them on to the departments.

And you know how much we enjoyed having your reunion at our small hotel!

All care, James and Susan