“Perfect place to rest your head!”

Crescent Hotel Beverly Hills
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying two nights at The Crescent. Sure I read the reviews of people complaining about things - but I take negative reviews with a grain of salt. The hotel is in the HEART of Beverly Hills! You can WALK to EVERYTHING! I arrived late on a Friday night. Candlelight greeted me upon entrance, the front desk attendant was more than welcoming and friendly. He let me preview which room would suit me better (a larger King room or the Petite Queen I originally booked). I chose the Petitie Queen because it had everything I needed - a toilet, shower, sink, bed, window, air conditioning, tv and a door! As a girl traveling by herself - this was absolutely perfect for what I needed. The bed was clean and comfy. The bathroom was clean. I understand they are in the process of doing some updates, so naturally there is a few things that could be improved - like the thin walls, but I am not a picky person. The morning coffee and pastries was perfect and delicious!!! The lovely lady in the kitchen gave me three fresh, warm croissants because I mentioned how tasty they were! Super nice!

All in all - if you want fancy luxury, stay at the Montage. If you are looking for a place that is warm, inviting, cozy and a place to shower, sleep and save your money for restaurants and shopping - this is the place to stay!

Thank you for a wonderful stay! I thoroughly enjoyed my time there.

Room Tip: Second floor back is away from bar noise - but close to the alley with the garbage trucks!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Tristan S, Guest Relations Manager at Crescent Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2012

Thank you for staying with us during your trip to Beverly Hills! We are glad that our hotel met your expectations and that we could be a memorable and enjoyable part of your trip! It is nice to hear that our rooms suited your needs well, and that our staff was able to assist you every step of the way. Please let me know when you will next be in Beverly Hills so that we can make sure that we again best accommodate you and meet your needs!

Sincerely Yours,
Tristan Sapp

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I think you can get an okay room at this place, but be sure to ask in advance. Mine was so small that you couldn't even sit up--no chair or desk. As an added insult, the remote for the tiny TV didn't work. The staff is nice, but valet parking costs $28. The only reason I gave it two stars rather than one is because its location is very good.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank WJClinton

Thank you for choosing the Crescent Hotel for your recent stay. We are sorry to hear that our hotel did not meet your expectations. We do have staff on twenty-four hours per day who can assist you with ensuring that your booking is sorted to meet your needs prior to your arrival, and who are happy to assist with and resolve any issues should they arise during your stay. Please contact me directly the next time that you are planning a trip to the Los Angeles area so that we can ensure that you are upgraded to a room that better suits your needs.

Sincerely Yours,
Tristan Sapp

Reviewed April 17, 2012

We checked into the Crescent for two nights, and everything looked like it was going to be great. The Hotel is cool-Art Deco, very clean, and room, small, but looked great. The room could have used a chair, the platform bed lacked real support. However, the neighborhood is beautiful. The location is very convenient to Beverly Hills shopping, Rodeo Drive and so many restaurants. OK, the valet parking only was $28 a night, but the room was only $129 through Bookit, so what the heck.

Then the place started to lose its luster. They put us in room 220, right above the bar, and you heard music and bar noise until well after midnight. We didn’t feel much like moving in the middle of the night, and are relatively heavy sleepers, so we tolerated it. We shouldn’t have.

The next morning we were awakened by even more music (at least this time it was Frank Sinatra). The continental breakfast consisted of a thermos of coffee, another for hot water, and 3 bite size dry pastries on a cake stand, surrounded by dirty dishes. See photo. We left for the day and returned in the late afternoon- housekeeping had not been to our room. We later left for dinner, and returned later that evening, still no housekeeping. But the situation was worse, made us forget we didn't have housekeepimng. The bar down stairs was in party mode and the heavy beat of the music traveled throughout the hotel. It was loud. No room could have been spared. Ours of course wasn’t, directly over the bar.

It went on well after midnight, and I had to go down and confront this situation. The night manager could only offer to turn down the music a bit. No offer of another room. Explained there was nothing he could do because I booked through a third party (Note: I have found that booking through a 3rd party like Bookit restricts your reservation at the hotel. Also, special requests, like an extra pillow or nonsmoking room, are often not honored) The noise went on even later.

The next morning we checked out and were asked the classic “How was your stay.” I said it was horrible, and explained why. Again I was told about the third party booking rule, nothing they could do. He went further to explain that I should have asked for another room earlier. How did this become my fault? They knew there was going to be a noisy party, I didn’t. We just left.

Later that day we were called and they did comp one night. Amazing, it turns out they CAN make an adjustment on a third party booking. But that didn’t change the fact that they irresponsible and ruined my weekend, and to them it was all my fault. What did I learn? DO NOT STAY HERE. No class at all.

Room Tip: DO NOT stay in 201 or 220, they are right above the bar, get as far back in the hotel as you can, or...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank SayGoWeGo
James W, Front Office Manager at Crescent Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

I am very sorry to hear your stay was not to your satisfaction. As you may recall, we did speak on Sunday morning and I am sorry we could not reach a resolution at that time. I invite you to contact me directly via phone or email james@crescentbh.com at your convenience.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

Okay so where the heck was the iron? I guess an ironing board would also be necessary. My room was so small that myself and the bell hop couldn't be in it at the same time!!!! I'm talking maybe 200 sq. ft. Literally! You had to be careful not to hit the corner of the bed when you turned the TV on or off or left.

Let's start with everything.

Valet: Sleeping? Had to double park and go find him myself.

Concierge: Day 1 - nice guy! Day 2 - uppity jerk where was the guy from yesterday?

Exterior/Interior lobby: Gorgeous, stunning, swanky

Bar/Restaurant: very nice, great food, good service

My Room: OMG!!! I was scared to sneeze... I could've fell back out of the room.

Closet/Storage: A cheap IKEA wardrobe perhaps?

Air/Heat: My vent was closed. One night I was freezing... someone closed the vent. Genius!

TV: The volume 1 is sooo loud, I had to cover it up with one of the pillows. It's not like it was a real flat screen? The 20" monitor was cute to say the least. Was this the first Vizio? Weird!

Bed: Very low to the ground. That's the whole modern theme.... yeah right. It felt like lumps of coals but it was a platform bed. What could I honestly expect?

Bathroom: Might I add I could only open the bathroom door partially, because the bed was in the way. The hot water was HOT, SCOLDING, FREDDY KRUEGER, DEATH DEFYING water. I swear I could've had a nice law suit with this!!!! You will scold yourself if you're not careful. I did like the design of the bathroom.... lighting was terrible. I have no idea how much make up I wore on any of my days there.

PAPER THIN WALLS! I didn't get much sleep. I could hear the lady in the room next to me talk (not yell) about any and everything. So annoying!

I just love when hotels claim they are boutiques but lack the customer service of a boutique. This was a glamoured up dorm if you ask me. I would never stay here again unless I'm on a seriously tight budget!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Igetsaround
James W, Front Office Manager at Crescent Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Thank you for your feed back. I'm so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. From your description I am certain you chose one of our Petit rooms which are quite small at 130sq.ft. Those rooms are usually sold at a great discount but it is clear that you experience over shadowed the rate. I all very sorry to hear that your experience at our front desk was not consistently pleasant.
The experience you describe is not in keeping with my philosophy of service and I deeply apologize. Please contact me directly for any future stay. I can assure you a much better experience. We have much larger rooms and I would be delighted to handle you booking personally. You can contact me by email james@crescentbh.com

Reviewed April 8, 2012

Stayed there one night--I would say you will love or hate this place based on what you are looking for in a hotel.

Check-in was pleasant and our brief interactions with the staff were pleasant and professional.
No elevator- they did offer to carry our bags upstairs.
The room--if you are trying to impress someone this is not the hotel for you. The rooms like others have said resemble small dorm rooms. Two people have trouble fitting in the room. For one person it would be o.k. I have the say the decor is 'modern/trendy' gone bad. Instead of looking trendy to me it looked cold and sterile, totally devoid of any charm or character. A nice prison cell?

The bathroom drove me crazy. First of all the lighting was horrible. Two ceiling fluorescent bulbs partially covered, that's it. If you wanted to put on make-up, shave, etc good luck, better bring your own light. The vessel sink on the countertop took forever to drain and the design guaranteed water all over the very limited counter and/or floor. Which brings me to the decor--concrete floor, counter, shower, etc. I recognized it as the trendy 'concrete' finish--my husband doesn't keep up with the trends as much as I do thought it looked like a scratch coat that is used before tile is set. Water pressure in the shower is excellent though and lots of hot water.

The location is outstanding, shops and restaurants galore within walking distance. Add the warm, beautiful sunshine with the ability to eat and shop steps from the hotel really enhances the appeal of the hotel.

Can't comment on the pastries/coffee as they were only served from 7-9 a.m. I get up at 5 a.m. every day, no way will I have gotten up and showered and dressed by 9 a.m. when on vacation so I would suggest they change that to at least 10 a.m.

I can't recommend or not recommend this hotel because it really just depends on what you are looking for. If its' location, it's the bomb. If it's room ambiance, go elsewhere. I was, however, pleasantly surprised at how friendly the staff was.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shappy
James W, Front Office Manager at Crescent Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Thank you for your review. We love hearing from our guest. I appreciate your complement to our friendly staff. I'm sorry you did not enjoy the size of you room. We do have a few different room types. We have rooms that are more suited for a business person traveling alone as well as very well appointed rooms with King beds and seating areas that I think you and your husband would have really enjoyed. I hope that you would come and stay with us again. If you do please contact me directly and I would be glad to upgrade you to a King room. I understand your desire to sleep in when your on vacation. We do serve breakfast until 10am every morning. I hope that you have an opportunity to enjoy the wonderful menu our chef has created.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

I am quite late in thanking you Jonathan for a wonderful stay. My first visit and my first review was a little over the top and I wanted to redeem myself. Our second stay was wonderful. You and your staff made our visit a great experience. We appreciate your kind gestures and we will recommend your hotel to others. Your location is perfect for anyone wanting to be in the heart of Beverly Hills. Your chef should be commended for a delicious and gourmet meal. Loved it! Thanks again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2012

If I were going back to college at age 41 and thought it would be "fun" to live in a dorm room, I imagine it would look something like room 205.

If you are traveling alone and want to be in Beverly Hills for less money, this place is perfect. Just bring earplugs. Seriously, the location is great. I can not imagine 2 adults in the room I was in. That would be a tight squeeze. Maybe they have larger rooms?

When I walked into the room for the first time, the lights were on and they had soft music playing. It was VERY inviting...

The room is small. Very small.

The walls were thin. Very thin.

Bed: I found it VERY comfortable. Really cozy. It was also VERY low to the floor. Felt like I was back on my "college days" futon, although this bed was much more comfortable.

The TV is in a strange location (on the side wall) but it is movable a bit. I was able to watch some TV, but my neck began hurting after 30 minutes. Strange angle, but not sure where else they could really put the TV to make it fit into that size room.

Bathroom: Very small, but I liked the "slate" look. Seemed really clean until I found a VERY long hair on the sink, next to the water glasses. I mean, this was a LONG hair and I am surprised it was missed during cleaning... Something else I noticed, all the bathroom products had a "seal" showing it has not been used before. Every seal was broken. That was, uh, strange. And the towels were thin. I hate thin towels. There is no reason that a hotel in Beverly Hills should have such thin towels. Right? WATCH THE HOT WATER. You WILL burn yourself in the shower if you are not careful. It gets REALLY hot REALLY fast.

After reading the reviews here on TA, I was worried about noise. I asked over the phone and in person for a "quiet" room. I believe there are NO "quiet" rooms at this property. Thanks to TA, I brought earplugs and they saved me! If you are the type of person who can not sleep while listening to an entire food order by the person in the next room, BRING EARPLUGS! I heard the entire order and stuck those earplugs in my ears before her order arrived. Sounded like a really good dinner! Then about an hour later, I was lucky enough to smell what she ordered. My room had a locked adjoining door and for about 3 hours into the night, I had to smell her dinner.

The floors are very creaky. I felt bad for anyone staying on the first floor.

Supposed to have free WiFi. They never offered a code, I never asked.

Woke up at 4am and could not go back to sleep. Thought the TV next door was too loud, but it turned out to be someone snoring. There is also a continuous humming in this room. Maybe the central air unit or something? And a lot of shower/pipe noise. When the person in the next room had a shower, it sounded like they were in my bathroom.

This certainly is an interesting place. For all its faults, I actually kinda liked it. It had an interesting vibe. Although it was noisy, it felt cozy. They had strong coffee in the lobby in the morning, along with some tasty pastries. Parking is expensive, so try and eat a lot of pastries to make up for that. Well, there is no way you can eat $30 worth of pastries.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Baronent
James W, Front Office Manager at Crescent Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2012

Thank you for your response. We do appreciate your feedback. I'm glad to hear that your sleep was comfortable although you felt the room was too small for your taste. It's no secret that we are a small boutique hotel with European style rooms. We are aware of the noise issue especially in rooms with an adjoining doors. We are in the process of sound proofing our rooms and we are eliminating the adjoining doors as a part of that process. We do have some larger rooms in the hotel and I'd love to have you back to experience one of our more spacious King rooms. Feel free to contact me directly on your next visit to Beverly Hills.