“Boutique hotel in great location!”

Hotel Beverly Terrace
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Reviewed April 2, 2013

The Beverly Terrace Hotel feels a bit like a European experience with a great outdoor area that you can hang out. Every morning a beautiful continental breakfast is served in the courtyard.
I received excellent service and the staff was very nice. The location is AMAZING!
Kind of no frills hotel but super cute throwback vibe.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank mecca10
William S, Manager at Hotel Beverly Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2016

Thank you so much for your feedback, it has been a while since this review and we hope you would allow us the opportunity to welcome you back to our humble establishment. We know you will be taken back with the changes and alterations we have made, thanks to feedback like yours. Please do not hesitate to contact me anytime, it would be a pleasure to extend a welcome and personally oversee your reservation.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I searched, and searched, and searched for hotels. Mostly in the downtown L.A. area for a stay while I was attending a basketball at the Staples Center. Hotels were either too expensive, or too inexpensive. I couldn't find that happy medium I wanted. Then I came across this place. Wow. Aside from the fact that it was nowhere near the Staples Center, it was great. Limited rooms, meant less people. I enjoyed the quite. Staff was great, room was clean. Property was very well maintained. I had a room nest to the Santa Monica Blvd, but it wasnt noticeably noisy. There is a resturant attached to the hotel which I didnt get a chance to sample. However the resturant has valet parking, and if you are a hotel guest, and come back during resturant hours at night, they will park your car for free. Great stay.
Now the bad parts. My room, for some reason only had ONE outlet. Not one spot on the wall with two outlets, it had ONE outlet. Which wasnt good because both my wife and I, and most free walking people in the world, use outlets. So it was a pain to take turns charging our phones. Also there is a "minibar" in the room. In the pictures I include you can see the assortment of items. The pricelist for the minibar was not out in front of the items, but strategically hidden. When I eventually pulled it out and looked at the prices, I can see why it was hidden. $3 dollars for a can of soda. lol! crazy. I took a picture of the price list as well. I didnt touch the minibar items. Overall my stay was pleasant, and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The rooms have limited outlets.
1  Thank Tone M

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We were attending an event on the Sunset strip and didn't want to drive home, so we booked a room here. Parking is $10 but onsite, so that is great. Check-in was a breeze. The rooms are all just re-done and they are very modern and super clean. Nice Vizeo flat screen tv, individual ac with a remote, just awesome. Walked up Doheny to Sunset, which is about .8 miles, but it is up hill. Although only the last 20% is bad. Great hotel, will stay again for sure.

Room Tip: Room number 101 is awesome, no stairs.
1  Thank Jennifer J

Reviewed March 24, 2013

This hotel was a very pleasant surprise. The price was right and the location was perfect, so I was afraid it was too good to be true to actually have a decent experience. I was wrong!! It was right on the border of Beverly Hills and West Hollywood, you can't beat that! They are in the process of remodeling, I'm looking forward to returning and seeing the changes.
The front desk was very friendly when we checked in, and were helpful with finding me a quiet room that I requested with no road noise. There was no elevator in the hotel. It was only 2 floors, so it was no big deal, just wanted to give a heads up. Our room was right behind the stairs, that was actually quite loud at times hearing everyone go up and down the stairs, they were not quiet stairs. This place is chill, even though there are lounges, it was not a party atmosphere. Sleeping was quality.
Our room was very clean, and comfortable. It was however extremely small, I don't stay in my room much, so that works for me, I only care about clean and comfy. The bed could use a new mattress, but it wasn't too bad. The side of the mattress had obviously been sat on a few too many times, so I had to sleep in the middle. I would have liked a small shelf in the bathroom, I hated having to keep my stuff in the bedroom. The shower was awful! My boyfriend had to bend down to put his head under the water.... I think the height was about 5 feet. I even had to bend over a little to rinse my hair! At least there was good water pressure. :)
The room had a closet and a safe, and even a refrigerator and free wifi. Awesome.
The parking was by far the cheapest in the city! It was tight, so if you have an option at the rental car place, go for smaller rather than larger! For a night out on the town, we opted for a taxi to take us to the sunset strip, the front desk called for us, and it was there in 2 minutes! And it was only $5.50! Thats cheaper than parking, and its a built in DD!!
Overall.... this place is a diamond in the rough, I would definitely stay here again, and have recommended it to friends already.

Room Tip: Santa Monica Blvd can be noisy, so if that is problem, just ask for a room not on the highway side.
2  Thank njkrisko

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Yup, would go with Boutique in great neighborhood; room was small but clean and adequate. There was a spot for everything, including a small refrigerator and a safe. We found shower area roomy. We did go to Italian restaurant, food was good, sevice helpful and quaint atmosphere. Parking might be tight but we had no problems. Front desk ladies and other staff were pleasent, fresh baked cookies daily. Breakfast was continentel but good enough to start the day.

Room Tip: Might be nice to be poolside but we were not and still anjoyed our time here.
1  Thank CathyMulex

Reviewed March 17, 2013

This hotel is in a great location in Beverly Hills. Close to the Sunset Strip, West Hollywood, and Rodeo Drive. The room was very small. The shower was incredibly tiny and there was no sink space in the bathroom. The free wi-fi was nice, as was the cheap $10 parking. Breakfast was more like a morning snack, nothing hot to eat. Overall, not a bad experience, just not super impressed. The staff was very nice though.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We don't quite know how to rate the Beverly Terrace. It ain't no Hilton!...it's a small boutique place in Beverly Hills. It's close to so many things that it begs you to stay! its being renovated and while a lot has been done, there is more that remains to do. So what will you find? Friendly staff, who will help with whatever they can, a beautiful view from the rooftop terrace and quiet grace in the center courtyard. You will find GREAT shower amenities, AMAZINGly comfortable beds and a genuinely unique experience. The restaurant is small and romantic and the wine and pasta delightful. Jason, will treat you to a wonderful dinner. If you're looking for a Hilton, this ain't it...if you're looking for value, a little eccentricity and a wonderful night....there you go!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple