We really enjoyed our stay at the Montage. We felt like we were in an oasis of calm in a hectic city.
The hotel is well positioned for Beverly Hills and easy to find. The valet parking and bellboys were very efficient - our car was always waiting when we got downstairs.
Check in was fine and our two rooms were large and next door to each other with a connecting door which is always helpful when travelling with children. The decor is a bit "italian fancy" but fits in with the surroundings.
The spa is amazing and you get free entry if you are staying even without a treatment. I really wish I'd had more time to spend there.
My son was impressed with the rooftop pool - they pipe music in under water which is very exciting if you are 8.
Our only issues really were with the service.
Breakfast was extremely expensive (our room credit sometimes didn't cover a standard breakfast as the drinks were so pricy - we ended up having to choose juice or tea rather than both) and the service could be exceptionally slow depending when we arrived. One memorable morning we were there for 1 hour 25 minutes!
The pool bar service was dreadful - we wanted a cocktail at 5.30 and almost had to beg to get one as they had closed up. When they did arrive they had decided to do them "virgin" rather than with alcohol - not what we ordered but we couldn't be bothered to wait another 20 minutes while they changed them. Ended up with an expensive fruit juice. The staff at the pool were extremely unhelpful and resentful if you asked them anything which disrupted them chatting with each other (like where the towels were). So not good at all. But I imagine the staff there changes and so it may be better next season.
We also asked the front desk to book some tickets for us as we couldn't print off our laptop. After waiting hours and checking a few times it proved too much for them. In fact the front desk seemed to try hard but not get anywhere with any queries we had. They also got our final bill wrong fairly massively and it was only because we went through each item that it became apparent that there was a problem - other people may have just paid it as at a glance it seemed quite plausible.
I would definitely stay here again but hope that the staff had changed and become a bit more helpful and competent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Steps from Rodeo Drive, the luxurious Montage Beverly Hills features 201 guestrooms, inclusive of 55 suites; two restaurants including Chef Geoffrey Zakarian's debut West Coast restaurant, Georgie, and The Rooftop Grill; a 20,000-square-foot, two-story Spa Montage Beverly Hills featuring L.RAPHAEL; Paintbox, the exclusive children's program featuring themed days, indoor and outdoor activities; and a rooftop pool with breathtaking views of the Hollywood Hills. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Montage Beverly Hills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montage Beverly Hills Hotel Beverly Hills
- Montage Hotel Beverly Hills
- Beverly Hills Montage Hotel