Had VERY high expectations for this hotel and therefore decided to book it for the full 12 nights of our stay in Los Angeles. Firstly the room sizes are a bit on the small size especially if you have more than one suitcase as we did. We has been upgraded to a Grande deluxe room so thought that this would make it more spacious than a standard room alas no! We had two LARGE suitcases, large holdall and two carry ons and planned to also do a lot of shopping so space was important to us especially being there for 12 nights not just 1 or 2! Also the number one factor to us enjoying are stay was for the hotel room to be QUIET!! It started off ok, we thought (apart from peoples room doors banging, the doors just cannot be closed quietly), it seemed otherwise pretty quiet, however after the weekend and and various times during the weekdays from around 8:00am-9am drilling, banging and what sounded like furniture being dragged around the floors came from above our room?!! I called down to reception 3 or 4 times during our stay to ask where the noise was coming from and that it sounded like construction within the hotel above our room! No one seemed to know what the noise was and i was even told that there is no construction going on in the hotel! Anyway on the day before our last day at 8:30am the noise started once again so I called the reception once again and this time the lady told me that there were residences on the 6th floor (we were on the 4th) and that they were renovating?!! I was very angry to hear this as we should not have been put in this room to begin with or we should have been advised of this before even arriving to the hotel so that we could decide whether to change are reservation and go to another hotel! Another member of staff actually told me they have not finished building the residences yet?! Anyway my husband spoke with the manager and he took 3 nights off our bill and said we could stay in another room for our last night and that it would be quiet! So we went to the other room that night and whilst lying in bed about to go to sleep the people in the room next to us came back laughing and talking very loudly you could hear everything and even the womans heels walking around the bathroom VERY loud as if they were in the same room as us?! This room had interconnecting doors so basically it is not sound proofed AT ALL!!! We decided to move back to our original room as we needed to get a good sleep before our long flight back to London the next day and at least the construction noise didnt normally start until after 8am! We were both just about asleep at 11:30pm when the worst noise Ever began right outside the hotel?! We looked outside and there were construction workers re surfacing the road?!!! At that time of night, UNBELIEVABLE! So by now really angry my husband rang reception and they moved us AGAIN to another room, where we went to sleep ok but as this room was on the 2nd floor at the front of the hotel we both woke up when a sports car driving fast past the hotel at about 5am and then couldnt really sleep much after that!! So anyway I would only recommend this hotel if you are a really deep sleeper and are there only for a day or two on buisness when you would be out of the room from 8am until 6pm! NOT if like us you plan a business trip AND Leisure trip combined and wish to relax and sleep well!
It is a shame as it started off well and went downhill because of the noise factor! We liked the location and the rooftop pool with comp foot massages, but we MUCH preferred our stay at The Four Seasons Beverly Wiltshire Hotel in June 09 and will go back there next year instead!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Steps from Rodeo Drive, the luxurious Montage Beverly Hills features 201 guestrooms, inclusive of 55 suites; two restaurants including Chef Geoffrey Zakarian's debut West Coast restaurant, Georgie, and The Rooftop Grill; a 20,000-square-foot, two-story Spa Montage Beverly Hills featuring L.RAPHAEL; Paintbox, the exclusive children's program featuring themed days, indoor and outdoor activities; and a rooftop pool with breathtaking views of the Hollywood Hills. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Orbitz, Preferred Hotels, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Montage Beverly Hills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montage Beverly Hills Hotel Beverly Hills
- Montage Hotel Beverly Hills
- Beverly Hills Montage Hotel