“One of the best in LA” 5 of 5 bubbles

Montage Beverly Hills
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
“One of the best in LA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

Excellent location, beautiful hotel, professional staff - this is one of the best hotels in all of LA. The rooms are large and well appointed. On a warm day the roof top pool should not be missed. Excellent hotel restaurant and bar but so many options just steps away.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Biztravel136

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Ventura, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

From the smiling reception through the good bye from the valets, every member of the staff we encountered gave us the impression they were glad to be there and happy to do anything to make us comfortable. A plus staff.

The hotel is large with long halls and somewhat bland color schemes. It is, however, spotless throughout. Our room was large with a balcony. The bathroom was large and shiny clean.

Two criticisms: The WiFi was agonizingly slow. For $20, you can get an upgrade to a higher speed. At $500 per night, this seems more like and insult than anything else. I also found the pillows to be quite hard. We were only there one night and given the level of service, my bet is if I had called the front desk, they would have run out and bought a softer one for me.

Definitely a five star experience.

Room Tip: Avoid the north side. The rooms overlook a small park and the Bouchon Restaurants. Screaming kids...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

Montage is very well situated within the heart of Beverly Hills. Very warm and welcoming atmosphere. Walking distance to all the designer stores and great restaurants. The rooms were very well appointed and exceptionally comfortable, albeit a little small. Excellent service,limousine service provided to drive us when we no longer felt like walking. Fabulous breakfasts up on the pool level offering a stunning view of Beverley Hills and very delicious green juice

Room Tip: Room overlooking the garden with a balcony.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

The Montage is a very pleasant hotel. The favorable components are the spa and the restaurants. I got the best facial I have ever had. When I walked out of the spa looking like I needed a shampoo desperately the hair salon very kindly accommodated me and I got an excellent shampoo and blow dry. The ninth floor restaurant has a lovely view and the food is good. The location is great if you want to be in the middle of expensive shopping. Other than the remote drapes and lights the rooms are without distinction. The room size is good and comfortable. I think my disappointment is that the price of the room is greater than the value of the room. I requested to stay an extra day and was offered a room price $250 more than the Expedia website price for the same. That was off putting, I would probably make another choice next time.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Kathleeenw
Gold Coast, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

We loved staying at the Montage. The rooms are spacious, bright, comfortable and well-equipped. The hotel has a homey, relaxing feel unlike some overly large hotels that can feel impersonal.
I also liked the Hollywood costume design sketches in our room, one by the famous Edith Head (a gown for Grace Kelly in To Catch a Thief).

The staff are friendly and helpful. I'd like to give a special mention to Mr Ernesto Castillo who, at his own initiative, went way beyond the call of duty to organise cold/flu medication for my sick husband. While delivering our in-room meals, I'd mentioned that my husband was unwell and he showed concern and urged me to call security to arrange getting medication. My husband insisted he'd be fine. About 30 minutes later, Mr Castillo returned with medication at his own instigation. I was very touched by this show of care and concern. Montage Beverly Hills has a great staff member with Mr Castillo!

Our kids (9 & 11) loved the pool / spa too.

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Lorna B
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

I spend 15 to 20 nights a year in this hotel -- I obviously normally like it. Tonight (1/15/14) I ended up in what must be the smallest room in the hotel -- staring at the back side of a bldg out my window (room 610 - avoid). And I am paying full rate. I call down to the front desk and ask them to look up my profile and it indicates I have only stayed here twice in last couple of years. Poor CRM / IT management -- you guys should be better than this. Interestingly, this same thing happened to me here at the Montage three years ago. What's the deal -- why so hard to keep track of a loyal guest?

Room Tip: The rooms facing south toward Wilshire have a big building blocking your view and light -- and there...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank ThomasJ206
MontageBH1, Manager at Montage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear ThomasJ206,

First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor. It is through the direct feedback we receive from our guests that allows us to continually heighten our service levels. We are disheartened to learn of your experience and offer our deepest apologies for not delivering the expected service. We keep our guest profiles as up to date as possible and apologize for what happened with yours during your most recent stay. Please contact me directly when you are ready to return so I can personally see to it that your next visit is flawless.

Masato Kominami
Resident Manager
310.860.7877
PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

This is my 3rd stay at the Montage Beverly Hills. As in the last the exceptional staff welcomed my wife and I and son, and we were quickly checked in and on our way to our suite. Beautifully prepared with all the amenities that we I've when we travel. What we love about it here, apart from the attentive and delightful staff, is the room decor, the restaurants and then easy access to everywhere we need to be. Only takes a few minutes to bring your car from the garage, new bottles of water placed and when we leave a Montage cap.

Dining is a treat at Scarpetta, their signature pasta with tomato and basil is a must. We dined also at Parq for cocktails and snacks, and their cold meats superb. If you are their on Sunday, head to the 9th floor and enjoy their brunch. Bottomless Bloody Marys and Mimosa's start you off, but their speciality. Is the waffles and chicken, with an egg, which blasts your senses.

I am looking forward to my next stay.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#2 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
Westside
Hotel Bel-Air
Hotel Bel-Air
#1 of 348 in Los Angeles

Been to Montage Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!