“A mixed bag”

Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
San Francisco, California
“A mixed bag”
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

The Montage is a very pleasant hotel. The favorable components are the spa and the restaurants. I got the best facial I have ever had. When I walked out of the spa looking like I needed a shampoo desperately the hair salon very kindly accommodated me and I got an excellent shampoo and blow dry. The ninth floor restaurant has a lovely view and the food is good. The location is great if you want to be in the middle of expensive shopping. Other than the remote drapes and lights the rooms are without distinction. The room size is good and comfortable. I think my disappointment is that the price of the room is greater than the value of the room. I requested to stay an extra day and was offered a room price $250 more than the Expedia website price for the same. That was off putting, I would probably make another choice next time.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Kathleeenw

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

We loved staying at the Montage. The rooms are spacious, bright, comfortable and well-equipped. The hotel has a homey, relaxing feel unlike some overly large hotels that can feel impersonal.
I also liked the Hollywood costume design sketches in our room, one by the famous Edith Head (a gown for Grace Kelly in To Catch a Thief).

The staff are friendly and helpful. I'd like to give a special mention to Mr Ernesto Castillo who, at his own initiative, went way beyond the call of duty to organise cold/flu medication for my sick husband. While delivering our in-room meals, I'd mentioned that my husband was unwell and he showed concern and urged me to call security to arrange getting medication. My husband insisted he'd be fine. About 30 minutes later, Mr Castillo returned with medication at his own instigation. I was very touched by this show of care and concern. Montage Beverly Hills has a great staff member with Mr Castillo!

Our kids (9 & 11) loved the pool / spa too.

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Lorna B
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I spend 15 to 20 nights a year in this hotel -- I obviously normally like it. Tonight (1/15/14) I ended up in what must be the smallest room in the hotel -- staring at the back side of a bldg out my window (room 610 - avoid). And I am paying full rate. I call down to the front desk and ask them to look up my profile and it indicates I have only stayed here twice in last couple of years. Poor CRM / IT management -- you guys should be better than this. Interestingly, this same thing happened to me here at the Montage three years ago. What's the deal -- why so hard to keep track of a loyal guest?

Room Tip: The rooms facing south toward Wilshire have a big building blocking your view and light -- and there...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
5 Thank ThomasJ206
MontageBH1, Manager at Montage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear ThomasJ206,

First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor. It is through the direct feedback we receive from our guests that allows us to continually heighten our service levels. We are disheartened to learn of your experience and offer our deepest apologies for not delivering the expected service. We keep our guest profiles as up to date as possible and apologize for what happened with yours during your most recent stay. Please contact me directly when you are ready to return so I can personally see to it that your next visit is flawless.

Masato Kominami
Resident Manager
310.860.7877
PA
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

This is my 3rd stay at the Montage Beverly Hills. As in the last the exceptional staff welcomed my wife and I and son, and we were quickly checked in and on our way to our suite. Beautifully prepared with all the amenities that we I've when we travel. What we love about it here, apart from the attentive and delightful staff, is the room decor, the restaurants and then easy access to everywhere we need to be. Only takes a few minutes to bring your car from the garage, new bottles of water placed and when we leave a Montage cap.

Dining is a treat at Scarpetta, their signature pasta with tomato and basil is a must. We dined also at Parq for cocktails and snacks, and their cold meats superb. If you are their on Sunday, head to the 9th floor and enjoy their brunch. Bottomless Bloody Marys and Mimosa's start you off, but their speciality. Is the waffles and chicken, with an egg, which blasts your senses.

I am looking forward to my next stay.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Miami, Florida, United States
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed at the Montage in Beverly Hills for 5 days. It was fantastic and they handled issues very well.

First - great with kids. They have an incredible playroom with activities for kids down in the basement. Also lots of things planned around holiday time for children. Whenever we needed something for our daughter they were there within 10-15 minutes if not sooner.

Valet was amazing and had our car up and ready to go everytime we called down...never had to wait.We had to come back to the hotel a week after checkout and they not only remembered us but gave us free parking for the day. Just overall incredibly friendly and helpful.

Concierge was helpful and always had ideas, even when we had last minute need for holiday dinners etc.

The location is 2nd to none. If you have kids and want a beautiful place to stay where it's easy to get in and out, this is the place.

We found the rooms to be comfortable and like a mini-apartment.

On Christmas eve the hotel lost power (not in their control). Within 20 minutes they had a bellman gathering our stuff, moving it to a new suite....while we were frustrated and upset they provided free dinner and reimbursed us for the complete stay. Responsiveness and responsibility in today's day and age is hard to find and we were impressed with the professionalism they showed in dealing with this matter.

We would stay here again without question.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed January 5, 2014

There is nothing negative to be said about this hotel. Nothing. The location, staff, quality of room, amenities, restaurants ... all completely top notch. Everything is spotless, the staff is as courteous as can be, really, this hotel hits high marks at every single point of contact with the guest. Have stayed there over 5 times, with family, on business ... and have loved every stay. Great job in all ways!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at Bel Air, Four Seasons, and the Peninsula. This hotel does not compare to any of those, WiFi is absolutely awful, wrong room on check in, service from poolside restaurant to Scarpetta was subpar, everything is just off.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank DCYOUNG
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#4 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
#5 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to Montage Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!