“fitting first class for Beverly Hills”

Montage Beverly Hills
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
San Francisco, California, United States
“fitting first class for Beverly Hills”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Great place to stay in BH... enjoyed 4 days of work and pleasure here .... everything is looked after here from the rooms , amenities and staff. I would stay again when visiting that part of LA. Front desk staff was excellent and everything from the bar staff to the housekeeping was friendly yet professional. Food was excellent and the location was fantastic.... Only drawback during our stay was the poll was closed for renovations but I believe you could use the Beverly Wilshire pool if needed. NBA basketball teams stay here .... says a lot about the service and quality

Room Tip: get a room with the larger balconies ..... taxi to and from the airport ranges from $55-$65.00 each...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Laguna Niguel, California, United States
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I have stayed at the Montage in Beverly Hills several times and each time I’m taken back by this hotel. The amenities truly having me want to come escape here as often as I can. The spa was incredible; by far my favorite part of my stay. I made sure to book an appointment for myself and a friend the minute I checked in and had a relaxing facial and full body massage. I left feeling fully pampered. To go back into my room and lay around in the plush bed was just what I needed.

They have a 24 hour Jacuzzi which is very nice due to the late nights I tend to have when I stay in Beverly Hills. The roof top pool is also absolutely to die for. I spent half the day up there enjoying the luxurious pool and lounging with a few friends over some cocktails. We also ate breakfast on the rooftop which was delicious and offered a wonderful view.

Overall their staff was nothing but helpful and friendly the whole time. Room service was fast and efficient, with the plates still hot when they arrived at our room. The boutique feel inside the hotel is just to my liking. I’ve stayed in many 5 star hotels over the years and the Montage is by far my favorite escape.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 14, 2013

My husband and I were traveling to visit our son, living in W. Hollywood, and were recommended by friends to stay at the Montage for a long leisure weekend. Upon arrival, from the very start, we were treated like movie stars. Sara, the front desk agent, welcomed us to the hotel with her gracious smile and bubbly personality. She then escorted us to the room, rambling off details about the spa, the lobby bar, and Scarpetta Restaurant. We booked a junior suite (amazing room) equipped with a living area, sofa, two flat screen televisions, balcony, and the most delightful king size bed fitted with luxurious linen. Amenities were delivered daily - the 10 Pound Bar amenity being our favorite (aged Gouda, bacon, & candied pecans... OMG) One of the many highlights of the stay included a lovely family dinner in Scarpetta - must try the tomato and basil spaghetti! After dinner, we relaxed in Parq Bar with some Napa Cab and jazz music. The staff throughout the entire hotel were extremely knowledgable about the hotel and surrounding attractions. One of the best travel experiences period - 5 Star from every angle. I cannot wait to return, not only to visit my son, but to visit the Montage, again.

Room Tip: Junior Suite
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed November 12, 2013

The Montage is a beautiful hotel and very popular in BevHills; the bell staff and housekeeping staffs are excellent. But a room at a hotel of this caliber that doesn't have a full length mirror is unacceptable...Seriously, if you get the key to 223, hand it back and ask for a room that allows you to get dressed for dinner without having to drag a chair into the bathroom. And oh yes, the drapes (necessary because the room looks onto the parking lot) are electronic and only half of them worked--most frustrating. AND, the sleep function on the TV only allowed a 45 minute window to fall asleep. Why would you be stingy with time? So, the hotel has a great esthetic and an excellent location, just across the lawn from Bouchon--but demand to check out the room before checking in....I know this sounds pretty picky, but I spend too much time on the road to be really forgiving of details that are so basic-if this were Holiday Inn Express it would be one thing, but the Montage has much higher aspirations--which means details matter!

Room Tip: per above, avoid 223
Toronto
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I thought that I was walking into a Hollywood movie set, with so many model-types in the lobby, it was a lot of fun checking in. Our room on the fourth floor was facing a courtyard, so there was not much to see. However, the huge all-glass wall provided a window of sunlight. Everything worked perfectly, service was exceptional and we were treated as movie stars (at least we felt that way!). A place to see and be seen. You will not regret your stay here.

1 Thank Lawrence2300
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We just left the Montage after a 4 night stay. We were in Beverly Hills for business and pleasure. The Montage property was centrally located to our business needs. The Mediterranean style was true to its design both inside and on its gorgeous grounds. At the end of the day, returning to the Montage was like entering a spa. Relaxing, refined and beautiful. Our room was well appointed with luxurious bedding, spacious bath with TV above the bath separate from the shower. Great area for my work with computer. Even when I'm not working a separate computer/desk area is a necessity for us. The only changes we would have liked would have been an additional chair and a larger closet. My husband is not a fan of glass bathroom doors. A complimentary bottle of champagne and a box shipped from my office were awaiting our arrival. The staff at the Montage were attentive to every detail and need for us. Without hestitation each and every individual provided a "yes" to every request and a solution to an unusual problem.

For me, this was a trip with a need for late, quiet evenings to review materials. Unfortunately, the first night we had a small barking dog across the hall. I finally had to call and talked to the front desk. After offering to send someone to discuss the little pooch with its owners, I did not want these people bothered at 9:30 p.m. But, I could not read and concentrate, either. Several days of this would not work for me. Meghan told me these guests were leaving the next day. Great, problem solved. However, Meghan offered to send snacks or beverages. Since the caffaine was needed, I asked for a Diet Coke and a Diet Dr. Pepper, for my husband. Meghan sent someone across the street for the DP and apologized for the wait when she personally brought this to our room. I would never had asked for the Dr. Pepper, had I known it was not available. After all, I like Diet Coke and well, my husband can like it, too! Truly, this speaks to the level of service and the committment to guests. We didn't need this and certainly Diet Coke was fine, but this level of committment was extraordinary.

I was concerned about the box sent via FedEx. I didn't need to be and the staff returned it for me via FedEx. The hotel driver was ready to take me where I needed to be when I needed to be there. The concergie and I were in sync and this made my work easier and my time at the hotel much more enjoyable. My husband's work was separate from mine and he was quite pleased with every aspect of the hotel. In fact, he pointed out the 'yes' to anything, as he knew I would be writing this review.

As I discovered as I was looking for my husband at the Conservatory Grill, the pool area has a 24 hour hot tub/jacuzzi area. This is probably noted somewhere in the hotel materials. I was on the 9th level looking at that amazing view from the Conservatory Grill when Jessica, the hostess, gave me a tour of the area and told me about the amenities offered with the 24 hour availability of the hot tub area - just ask for security. Love this availability, but we didn't use it - this time. I found my husband on the ground level at Parq with Chris Corlett, the managrer discussing the property with him. Chris was so charming and friendly, and the hotel has pomegranate juice, a rarity to find.

Comfort, location and an attentive staff are essential to any stay. We like this area due to the stimulating array of eclectic and traditional shopping, and dining nearby. We walked to Panini Cafe on Santa Monica and Camden, casual, great Mediterranean food and Maestro's, fine dining across the street. In a recent review, I noted the noise of the area with halarious locals honking horns. As I stood waiting for a Montage driver to pick me up on Wilshire just blocks away from the hotel with my huge file, I listerned during the rush hour 5:00 p.m. traffic and noticed the area has returned to its classy, demure, refined, quiet atmosphere that is, after all, Beverly Hills. The Montage added to this atmosphere, classy without drawing attention to itself. Well done.

Room Tip: A room with a north view to the hills offers an incredible view. Rooms in other directions offer a...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Montage with our two children in September for three nights. Everything about the stay was amazing and we didn't want to leave!

The location was central to everything, and an easy walk to Rodeo Drive with lots of restaurants and shops nearby. The hotel itself was luxurious, with a beautiful entrance foyer with a large floral display, impeccible service from the doormen, a modern and well-equipped gym with a fitness room, and great views from the pool (Level 8) and the gym level (Level 3). The courtyard at the front of the hotel was gorgeous, with well maincured greenery, plenty of seating, a fountain or two, and places to eat (a bakery and restaurants). The pool area has a great view, with cabanas, lots of deck chairs, and food able to be ordered from the restaurant. The hotel also has a spa area with a mineral pool which is complimentary for guests, however unfortunately we didn't get a chance to use it.

The room was simply amazing. We stayed in a twin room on the third floor which had plenty of space and was the perfect combination of luxury and comfort. We had a large bacony with table and chairs, and a huge bathroom with a shower and a separate bath which was huge! The bath had it's own TV and bath pillow to rest your head on, and lots of amenities were provided. On top of that, the hotel gave us with a complimentary bottle of Verve which was lovely, and a really nice touch. The room itself was very clean and completely sound-proof, and the beds were very very comfortable.

The restaurant food was delicious. We only ate breakfast at the hotel restaurant, as well as one lunch by the pool for the kids, but what we had was amazing. The menu for breakfast was extensive (if not expensive!), with a separate kids menu. The service was great, and the view of the pool and decor made for a great experience.

Overall, everything about this stay was perfect. If we come back to Beverly Hills, we will definitely be staying at the Montage!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
The Beverly Hills Hotel
The Beverly Hills Hotel
#1 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
Westside
Hotel Bel-Air
Hotel Bel-Air
#1 of 351 in Los Angeles

Been to Montage Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!