If you want the elegant, refined comfort with friendly& well trained staff that one normally finds at a Four Seasons but do not want the frentic scene at the Beverly Wilshire than you must stay at the Montage.
From the moment we arrived we felt welcome and at home. The greeting at the stately spacious courtyard entrance, thru the minimal registration to our great comfortable room with a huge terrace the arrival was flawless and welcoming.
The room was big and well appointed designed with an obvious attention to detail, from the built in computer plugs on the desk to the powered curtain pull. The bed was firm and most comfortable.
Though we did not try their signature restaurant, Scarpetta, sitting on the terrace of the adjacent bar in the warm pacific air, and sneaking a cigarette was most enjoyable. One night a movie was playing in the adjoining park. Somehow the juxtaposition of the elegance of our surroundings in the heart of Beverly Hills with the children enjoying an old movie in the early evening was charming.
Breakfast poolside on the roof with a view of Beverly Hills and the hills behind was a pleasant way to start the day though the “June Fog” was our companion all three mornings, which I find depressing and not under the control of any hotel management
My only complaint is that despite the hotel was built less than 3 years ago the designers were did not have the forethought to install bed side plugs on both sides of the bed.
What modern couple that could afford the Montage would not each want their cell phone charged at night but within reach. As the designers had not considered this then it can be rectified by having lamps with plug on the night stand.
The location is perfect if you want to in the heart of Beverly Hills, 2 short blocks from Rodeo Drive but on a street that is quieter than adjoining Wilshire Blvd. with is parade of too many high powered cars each of which every driver seems to think they have to gun to show off.
Bottom line: Montage is an elegant, well managed, well located place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Steps from Rodeo Drive, the luxurious Montage Beverly Hills features 201 guestrooms, inclusive of 55 suites; two restaurants including Chef Geoffrey Zakarian's debut West Coast restaurant, Georgie, and The Rooftop Grill; a 20,000-square-foot, two-story Spa Montage Beverly Hills featuring L.RAPHAEL; Paintbox, the exclusive children's program featuring themed days, indoor and outdoor activities; and a rooftop pool with breathtaking views of the Hollywood Hills. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Montage Beverly Hills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montage Beverly Hills Hotel Beverly Hills
- Montage Hotel Beverly Hills
- Beverly Hills Montage Hotel