“Montage Beverly HIlls”

Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Chicago, Illinois
“Montage Beverly HIlls”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

What a beautiful hotel! The sites, sounds and smells of this hotel are awesome. The room is fabulous and you are treated like a queen. My husband and I are certainly not wealthy but we did not feel initimated by going to this hotel. They did not make us feel unworthy of staying there. The room was phenomenal and we had a room with a balcony with an amazing view! They have a beautiful courtyard to sit in. Also, we had dinner at Scarpetta's that night (in the hotel) and probably the best meal I've ever had!!! From the delicious Martini to the amazing dessert, hands down awesome food and not that expensive. We also had breakfast the next day up on the 9th floor and it was amazing food as well. It was expensive but if you have extra money and can afford it, I would hands down recommend staying at this hotel once in your life!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Ontario, California
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

We went back to the Montage after a long break and it was nice albeit very loud. There simply wasn't enough material used to stop one from hearing things in the room next door or every sound in the hallway. The staff are very well trained and extremely pleasant. The bar is way too small and closes early. BEST BET: eat at Scarpetta's and sleep at the Peninsula

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Although we live just a few miles from the Montage Beverly Hills whenever we stay there we feel as though we have gone to Europe without having to fly for tedious hours to get there.
Seamless service, fabulous food, amazingly comfortable and well-accessorized rooms, a super spa and that rooftop pool combine to make for a mini-vacay.

It's expensive but you do pay for what you get. Last time we stayed we had drinks at T £10, an over-the-top elegant exclusive bar where drinks are mixed at your table by an ace wait person and hors d'oeuvres take on new meaning with crisp strips of bacon standing straight up, incredible rich cheese, olives and other noshes. Drinks are stiff but in price and potency and the experience is priceless.

We also had room service breakast served by one of the nicest and most efficient waiters who entered our suite with a big smile on his face and cheefully went about the business of setting up a gorgeous morning meal for us.

I love the plush robes, slippers, toiletries, towels--EVERYTHING about this hotel. Of course as a well known spa-snob/travel diva, I had to be pampered and pamper me they did, and my mate, too. The spa is also glorious with high-priced treatments and comfy surroundings. Do know that this hotel caters to celebrities and other well-heeled travelers who don't think twice about the rates or prices.

If I may confess there was on glitch, the host at the Conservatory (rooftop restaurant) did prove slightly surly but we enjoyed the food and views of the Hollywood Hills below.
If you love to window shop or max out the plastic the hotel is just steps from world class Beverly Hills shops and boutiques, there are also lots of great restaurants within walking distance such as Spago.

For anyone with the time and money, or on a special splurge occasion, the Montage is the place to stay. Do check out their web site they do offer specials.

Room Tip: Any room is good here. Book a balcony.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dubai
Reviewed May 4, 2013

This place is the crown of LA, situated in the golden triangle area of rodeo drive putting you in reach to the best brands and department stores on the planet. The quality of the rooms was top notch with very relaxing beds. Service was very good considering how busy the hotel was. Do make sure you have breakfast on the rooftop to enjoy the breath taking views of LA. Wish I had more time to indulge. Looking forward for my next visit to this exception hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard facing room at check in.. they have the best views.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Spent a long weekend here recently and was very happy with the accommodations. There is very little they've missed here for the upscale experience. All the food received here was outstanding. Live entertainment in the bar was always enjoyable and the drinks weren't bad either. No shortage of celebrities hanging in and around this location, which is something I typically avoid, however given the beautiful surroundings, even the sound of Russel Brand's obnoxious laugh didn't diminish the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Aliso
Reviewed April 29, 2013

If you ever have an opportunity to stay at the Montage BV, take it. The Service is outstanding, the Rooms are beautiful and the Resturants are unbelievable.
I was surprised that they are pet friendly as well. They provided a wonderful stay for our dog, Zoey. They provided a great dog bed, food and water bowls. We had a great time and would recommend it highly to anyone.

Room Tip: Anywhere in the hotel is great!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We recently stayed at the Montage and all I can say is “stay away!” The mattresses are the worse I have EVER slept on. Motel 6 probably has better. The first night we climbed into bed and I couldn’t believe how saggy the mattress was…we literally were sinking into a hole and springs were digging into my hips. After I took a look at the mattress itself I knew why. These are the most outdated things I’ve ever come across. Unbelievable for this supposedly high caliber of a hotel. Didn’t sleep the first night, complained to the front desk and they said they would change out our mattress with a “new” one. The “new” one had a stain and was the same outdated model, but I figured maybe the springs weren’t shot. Wrong! On our way out we told Megan we hadn’t slept the night before and weren’t sure this was much better. She said she was going to have more padding added. I was too tired to complain anymore and thought at least they were trying. We still fell into a hole during the night and when I pulled back the bedding and looked at what we slept on the next morning I was absolutely appalled. They had placed a stained, yellowed foam pad that was literally disgusting. Long story short, they tried pawing the head of housekeeping off on us and we ended up with Justine [--] the Guest Relations Manager. I asked her if she would sleep on this disgusting mess and she replied “No.” We barely made it to the room in time to show her since they were feverishly trying to dispose of the evidence. This hotel is lacking upkeep big time…even the couch in our room had some stains on it. The pool area had cups stacked everywhere with dirty towels lingering around and the pool itself is kind of moldy around the tiles and had one of the pool lights resting on the bottom with the electrical dangling from it. There were two guys up there mingling around, but never saw them pick up one thing.

The manager did end up knocking off what we had paid for the second night but trust me, I would much rather have had a comfortable mattress and a clean bed and paid full price. If you want to stay in a high-end hotel I would put my money on the Four Seasons Beverly Wilshire or someplace else.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank winelvr_13
MontageBH1, Manager at Montage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Winelvr_13,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay. We are doing some investigation internally and are addressing your concerns. We consider your feedback truly invaluable, and would appreciate the opportunity to welcome you back.

David Hoffman, Hotel Manager
The Beverly Hills Hotel
The Beverly Hills Hotel
#1 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
#4 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Westside
Hotel Bel-Air
Hotel Bel-Air
#1 of 351 in Los Angeles

Been to Montage Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!