“montage newest 5 star in beverly hills”

Montage Beverly Hills
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Reviewed August 30, 2012

The best inner city hotel I have ever stayed in. Great staff from check in to concierges, Beautiful rooms. We celebrated a wedding there, and the staff did everything to make all of the guests welcome. This hotel was redone about 5 to 7 years ago we were told, and it looks like it has older period grace. There was a great pool and restaurant up on the roof and a beautiful spa- recognized as one of the 5 best in L.A. area.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Stayed at the hotel for 5 days in July. We had a nice stay overall. The service and facilities are great. I enjoyed the gym as I found it to be large and had many cardio machines to chose from. We had to wait for our car too long as we found the valet sevice disorganized and overwhelmed at times with the amount of cars it must handle.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I was impressed by the Montage from the moment we walked in the door. Not only is the hotel beautiful but the check in staff were amazingly helpful. We got to the hotel at around 8am and they let us have our room straight away. It only got better form there!

The room was big and well appointed, as well as having a hairdryer that actually worked (my hotel pet peeve).

All the food service staff were great too.

Linda in the gift shop was wonderfult, she really knew her stuff!

It;s right smack bang inthe middle of Beverly Hills shopping.

My only issue was with some information from the Concierge but, once I complained to the hotel when I got home they were great at soring everything out.

Would definitley recommend it to everyone, and have already started! It's definitley soemwhere I'd stay again and again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Amazing hotel with great quality throughout!! There is no reason to stay anywhere else. After staying at the Montage in Laguna Beach many times we were hesitant to bring our kids to the Beverly Hills Montage. However, we were very excited to see how much fun they had because of the rooftop pool, GREAT room and awesome location. This hotel stands out for excellence in all aspects. Our kids LOVE Paintbox at both Laguna and Beverly Hills. The music in the lounge was outstanding.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Our romantic getaway at the Montage Beverly Hills was perfect in every way. We were greeted by friendly staff, our bags were taken care of promptly, the front desk staff were helpful and the room was beautiful. Our room was lovely, elegantly and comfortably decorated. The linens and the bed were the most comfortable I have ever seen. The Montage staff welcomed us with a note and our room was set up with champagne and strawberries. The grounds were lovely and beautifully maintained. The rooftop pool was a lovely treat in the evening, with a beautiful view of the hills. Room service was delivered promptly in the morning and the food was exceptional. Our bathroom was spacious and included all of the amenities you could ever ask for. The large soaking tub was decadent, and included a television where we enjoyed a soak while watching the news. Every detail was attended to at the Montage; bathrobes and slippers, the morning paper and digital controls for everything in the room. The hotel is walking distance to a number of beautiful restaurants, Rodeo drive and the concierge staff was helpful in recommending restaurants. The BHM was a wonderful retreat, decadent and elegant. I would highly recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2012

All Marketing and hype. COMPLETELY substandard compared to the local greats (Regent, BHH, Peninsula) it tries, but fails to emulate.

This hotel makes me think it was designed to impress the type of people walking up and down Rodeo taking pictures of Bentleys on a Sunday or riding in the back of a star tour bus. It's near everything, perfect for outdoor screenings and bar mitzvahs and functions, of which there were several on the night we attended, but the hotel lacks real class. Part of a park and mall complex nearby - dogs pooping in the area where the hotel restaurant meets the park.. There is no clean separation between public and private areas. It all felt too exposed and mixed with local dentists and out of town gawkers.

The Internet: Their over-managed connection designed to block people looking for free wifi or condo residents in the complex's tower caused conflicts when a second laptop was too close. There was an annoying nested browser "reminder" of how much time you had remaining on your connection.. and a special fiddling required to get your iPad online.

Additional technical deficiencies: bedside phone who's earpiece was broken and could only function on speaker and severe shortage of power plugs. Easy for a conscientious rooms management team to remedy, but un-remedied.

The Shower: Stingy water pressure! For over $1000 a night you too can be part of California's water shortage.. I have honestly had stronger more invigorating showers in a Motel 6 in Bakersfield, with an aerator head, in my younger poorer years.

The Room: Spacious enough, but ours came with an epic Las Vegas-style walking tour to get there. A shortage of nearby elevators assures you better be in your 20's and fit to march around the property. We're young enough but I had empathy for the older couple we passed who seemed exasperated by their hike.

The Service: Staff that make you feel no better than a Marriott. I expect a LOT more fawning and a lot less yawning when my room rate is over $1000 a night.

My biggest complaint though, stemmed from the bland sameness of everything. The spectrum of muted taupe and Santa Barbara rancho decor, designed to please everyone, but which really pleases no-one. The lack of color is overpowering. We ate at the Italian restaurant in the hotel, were forced to walk all over the place due to a distant room and I still suffer decor recollection loss like a man abducted by aliens.

Shame on the decorator who failed to put anything memorable into this place and the developer who settled for something too safe and milky to be good, or worth returning to!!

Beverly Hills was built on panache, flair and risk taking ~ this place offers absolutely NONE of that! I rate the Montage Beverly Hills a full-on FAIL and am returning to the Peninsula with a new and greater appreciation.

Room Tip: The rooms look a lot better after 5 drinks. I was sober.
8  Thank theLuckiestGuy
Reviewed August 7, 2012

This is about our fourth attempt to like this hotel since it opened. The location is great, convenient and quiet. The food is good. The suites are large. If you have stayed at the laguna property and lived the charm and sense of place, you would be sorely disappointed in the generic design of this property. They have become stingy about certain amenities that you expect at a 5 diamond resort. Like slippers in the room that you now have to ask for. Also towel count is way down. Their service standards are really where they come up lacking. I travel with my own pillow which is pretty normal, which housekeeping took by accident and even though they do their laundry in house it took numerous phone calls and three days before they returned it. Also got a facial at the spa which gave me eczema after. The first time I have ever had that happen. We really want to like this place but they keep blowing it.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank pkmiles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#2 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
#1 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills
Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills
#4 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to Montage Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!