“A Night out of the house”

Montage Beverly Hills
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Reviewed May 19, 2011

We woke up and the weather on the beach was heavy with marine layer. Within an hour we were checking into the Montage. So what, if it was only 11:00 am, a room was ready and waiting for us. By Noon, we were having a relaxing lunch at the Conservatory restaurant and ready to spend the afternoon by the pool. The hotel may be a little "old fashioned" in appearance, but they make up for it in service. We had dinner plans in West Hollywood and hotel Maybach was ready to take us and pick us up after dinner.

We live about 20 minutes away, but when we want a vacation without leaving L.A. this is our spot. They have the unique ability to make you feel like a VIP.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank casa360

Reviewed May 19, 2011

I would highly reccomend the Montage. We had outstanding service. My husband and I have been traveling quite a bit the past couple years and have stayed at several five star hotels. I can honestly say the service here blew me away! We were at a 5 star hotel - just as expensive in Hawaii a few weeks earlier and it was night and day.

These people really get it. The valet remembered our name each time we arrived - they escorted us to our room to make sure all was to our satisfaction - everyone was really kind and the concierge was very helpful.

We only stayed a night but wish it could have been more. I would not hesitate to recommend this fabulous place.

Also the bed was so comfy and my husband loved that the bath tub came equiped with its own TV and water proof remote.

Nice going Montage - hope to visit you again soon.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dabneyl
Reviewed May 10, 2011

This is a quiet, classy hotel in a good location, especially for a short stay in LA. A few steps to Rodeo Drive, where we spent Saturday afternoon strolling and people watching.
The rooms are a generous size, the furnishings in good condition, a large bathroom - all as one would expect for the price, the location. We felt the service when checking in was a bit brusque and off-hand, but it certainly wasn't terrible.
Last time in LA we stayed at the Beverly Wiltshire around the corner - The Montage, while not small, definately has a more refined, less touristy feel, while not being overly stuffy.
A lovely hotel - with an excellent breakfast in the rooftop restaurant which had helpful and pleasant staff - and we would return when stopping over in LA.
Oh, and I had an excellent massage in the spa, which is just lovely. Clean and luxurious. I had booked ahead and somehow the booking was messed up. With a little flexibility on both sides, the problem was solved.

Reviewed May 5, 2011

I really enjoyed my stay at the Montage this month for a couple of nights. The staff was very attentive, the hotel was very clean, the beds were wonderful. I have absolutely no complaints everything was perfect. I'm looking forward to going back the next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 2, 2011

When we checked into this hotel it was right after staying the night at a supposed luxurious hotel in Newport Beach. I was pretty dissapointed with our hotel in Newport and was leery about the service I would receive at this location. This hotel exceeded our expectations. They gave excellent service from the minute I pulled up. The valet was very friendly and helpful, I did not have to worry about some young kid with my car, they were mature and professional. Check in was probably the fastest I have ever been through, I actually stood there thinking there should be more to do. The room was amazing. Very technologically advanced. There are automatic controls for the curtains, lights heating, etc... You can even control everything from the TV, which greets you by name I might ad. We got ready for dinner and left the room, when we came back the turn down service had not only turned down the bed, but they cleaned the shower and brought fresh towels. We had breakfast at the restaurant on the top floor, I was nervouse because of some of the bad reviews, but the restaurant was excellent. I had the banana bread french toast which was the best I have ever had. I may go back just for that. The service was excellent and the staff definitely took very good care of us. The staff at the pool area was also very helpful. This hotel costs a pretty penny, but it is worth every penny. I also like that they do not nickel and dime you like other fancy hotels I have been to. We had free bottles of water ($6 at the Newport hotel), free internet (extra cost at newport hotel), valet was affordable and very efficient, free water at the poolside, pretty much your basic services that should be included; were. The only negative, no iron in the room. I guess if you can afford to stay here you can afford to pay for the press. I am planning to rebook another stay here because it was so amazing, if you want to go to Beverly Hills in luxury then this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
MontageBH1, General Manager at Montage Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2011

Thank you for the wonderful review of your recent stay at Montage Beverly Hills. I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor. I will start by saying how delighted I am that your experience from the moment you arrived until you left was enjoyable and that you received excellent service. Thank you for your appreciation and commendation which has been shared with the Valet, Guest Reception, our culinary team and staff of Conservatory Grill. I am pleased that your time with us was so enjoyable and we look forward to welcoming you back for many more relaxing stays.

David Hoffman, Hotel Manager

Reviewed April 5, 2011

Let's face it, all of the five star hotels in Beverly Hills are great but which one is the "best of the best"? In our opinion its Montage.

Like all five star hotels, Montage's rooms are luxurious but we are partial to their rooms because most have balconies so you can enjoy breakfast or just read while overlooking their beautiful common green. Montage's spa, pool and workout facilities and first class. Example, you can take a shower IN the sauna if you get too hot.

We love the location of Montage because you can walk to shops and restaurants. If you pass up their great new Italian restaurant, Scarpetta, Spago's, still one of the best restaurants in LA, is across the street. Maestro's, is also short walk. Numerous boutiques are a short walk as well.

I have seen comments about the spotty service but our experience has always been exceptional. On this stay, our maid noticed that my wife was using a postcard to mark her place in her book and placed a Montage bookmark on top of her book. We ordered a pot of coffee in the pm and the room service waiter refused to charge us. The bartenders at Scarpetta were friendly and educated us on the finer points of the James Bond "Vesper" martini. The list goes on.

We have stayed at the other five star hotels in Beverly Hills but Montage is #1 for us.

Room Tip: splurge for a balcony room
Reviewed January 10, 2011

I've stayed here multiple times, it is one of the best places I've ever stayed, true 5 star luxury. Service is flawless from the no-check in arrival to the room being customized to your preferences. They had a crib, child's robe/slippers, stuffed animals, and cupcakes for my 2 kids. They really pay attention to the small details here, which is what separates the best from those places claiming to be the best. Rooms are large for LA, patios in some rooms are great. Very tasteful decor with modern amenities, electronically controlled lights/drapes.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family