“Winner if you can get in”
Review of 900 Grayson

900 Grayson
Ranked #35 of 809 Restaurants in Berkeley
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed February 7, 2019

We walked and drove past this place a few times before heading in one time after the brunch rush. There tends to be a line and a wait outside of this one, so either get there super early or go after the peak for brunch. There are some decadently great dishes here, there seems to be a lot of care and character here. We'll go back next time we're in the area.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed December 11, 2018

You cannot go wrong with 900 Grayson as a choice for your breakfast/brunch needs.
If you have a need to eat American cuisine with a twist, this is your place. Their menu is diverse enough to accommodate different palates and dietary needs, but still small and focused in the number of dishes offered. No dish is over $15 (unless you start adding extra sides). If you are looking for chicken and waffles, the 'Demon Lover' will not disappoint. Sit inside or outside. Service is casual and friendly, while being very competent. This place is a gem

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed November 22, 2018

Why oh why are you not open on Sundays for breakfast???

Other than that, I can't fault the homey food and cheerful service at 900 Grayson. The inside feels like someone has opened up their home to serve us breakfast. I always get the hash browns, because they are the perfect combination of salty crispy crust and soft inside waiting to absorb a runny yolk.

Get there early because there is always a modest wait!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed July 10, 2018

I can't believe I only now just discovered this charming diner-like place to breakfast or lunch, and we were seated outside on the back terrace. We ordered for our late lunch the chicken and waffles "Demon Lover" with both gravy and maple syrup (highly recommended), and a Caesar salad, to share. OMG both were so delicious... I wanted to eat there again right away! The service is fantastic, the ambiance fun, and it is now one of my very favorite Berkeley cafés. Yum!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 18, 2018

Grayson is really good. Fairly simple menu.

At many places I go in for exotic breakfasts, but I really like Grayson's fresh scrambled eggs with herbs. And their hash browns are the best I have ever had. Plus homemade hot sauce and good coffee.

For lunch I have often had their salads - a very nice club or caesar. But last time I had the burger with bacon, cheese and onion rings. It was very good.

They have indoor seating and a nice patio.

Date of visit: June 2018