“This is the place!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
“This is the place!”
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Had a great breakfast with my wife and son here this morning. The place is as clean as a pin, and the wait staff was super friendly. Go ahead and have the chicken and waffles, you know you want to try it. The homemade hot sauce was a nice touch.

1 Thank NadoBob

Anderson, California
“Remembered After 24 Years”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

We had just spent the night in Berkeley and were trying to find a breakfast spot. Suddenly my husband said that he thought he knew of a place. He fed "900 Grayson" into the GPS and sure enough, it led us right to the front door. He hadn't been there in 24 years, but the address happens to be the name as well, and it stuck. Pretty smart advertising I would think.It was wonderful, eclectic and a little eccentric-just perfect! Not a huge place, but inviting and very well arranged. Very unique pictures of fish on the wall-must see to appreciate.My son had the "I'm not Belgian" Waffle, which was delicious. I had the Smoked Gouda Omelet with a small apple and vinaigrette salad and a beautiful round of hash browns which, as I'm writing, is making my mouth water all over again. My husband enjoyed his scrambled eggs, hash browns and rustic toast (very fresh bread). After breakfast, our insatiable 19 yr. old son had a pecan bar and almond macaroon from the pastry counter. We all snagged a taste after he was owing and ah-hing. They were superb! I would most definitely recommend this spot to any travelers, and those who live in the vicinity. My husband couldn't drink the coffee as it was too strong, so the waiter gave him more cut with hot water and it was perfect. The restroom is located behind a curtain in the back and unusual as well-worth excusing yourself to take a peeek. :)

• Visited January 2012
Brunswick, OHIO
“Excellent Breakfast”
Reviewed December 27, 2011

The only thing bad I can say is that I wished that they opened before 8 AM. Being from the EST, it is tough to wait that long to eat. I had to try it because it was on DDD. The breakfast did not disappoint.

• Visited December 2011
Walnut Creek, California
“Best chicken and waffles”
Reviewed July 30, 2011

12:45 on Sat for brunch, wait was 20 minutes, not bad. Ordered a latte before being seated which made the wait seem quick! Had the Demon Lover. There were three of us ordering this same dish so only two of us paid the extra $2 for both gravy and syrup and we all shared since it came on the side. Probably could have save another $2 and only had one of us order both. Daughter had the Potter Creek breakfast dish which she liked and they also had her favorite tea, Numi Organic Honey Bush which she said made the breakfast experience 'perfect'. Sat out on the patio which I preferred because the inside of the place is tight and a bit claustophic. Great service from everyone! Can't wait to go back!

• Visited July 2011
San Antonio, Texas
“Who knew Chicken and Waffles go together?!”
Reviewed August 5, 2010

We found this place because of it's high review on yelp and it was fantastic. It's kind of tucked away and we wouldn't have stumbled upon it without the help of yelp, but we were so glad we found it. The Demon Lover (the chicken and waffle dish) is their most popular item and it was really good. Like the previous reviewer, we had a brother wait on us, but he was very charming and friendly. He chatted with us for a while and made us feel at home. Maybe it was the other brother? :-)