“Wonderful view from the terrace”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Paragon Restaurant and Bar - CLOSED

Paragon Restaurant and Bar
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Domingo
Transit: AC Transit, 1 mi. from Rockridge BART
Description: Verbiage to describe the restaurant: A lively, casual dining spot with some of the Bay Area’s best views. Paragon Restaurant & Bar in Berkeley, located inside the landmark Claremont Hotel Club & Spa, features upscale gastro pub cuisine designed by Chef Marcos Sanchez, plus a large selection of hand-shaken cocktails, craft beers and an eclectic wine list. Our famous outdoor deck offers beautiful vistas of the rolling hillsides and on a clear day, a beautiful vantage point of the entire San Francisco skyline. We feature live jazz every Friday and Saturday night.
Chicago, Illinois
“Wonderful view from the terrace”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

A visit to the Paragon bar was somewhat unsatisfactory--the service was really really slow. However a subsequent lunch on the Paragon's terrace was fantastic. The food was very good but the draw is the amazing views of San Francisco and the bay. Not to be missed.

Visited August 2013

Georgia, United States
“Great food, although pricey. Couldn't split the check”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

The food was fantastic (love those string fries!). Problems came when we asked (ahead of time, mind you) for the check to be split. He tried three times and never got it right. We finally just paid and left.

Visited July 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Come for the food, not the service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

I visited Paragon on a recent stay at The Claremont. I was seated quickly and that was the end of good service. While waiting for my waiter, I checked out reviews on TripAdvisor and realized my experience was not unique. So, if you decide to dine here, just know the service leaves a lot to be desired. The food, on the other hand, was delicious. The bread basket is served with a healthy helping of balsamic vinegar and olive oil. I couldn't get enough of it! For my meal, I tried the Niman Ranch Flat Iron steak. It was wonderful! It was served over sautéed potatoes, pearl onions and arugula with a chimichurri sauce. I ate every bite! So, if you can tolerate slow and less than attentive service, try it out. The food is worth it!

• Visited August 2013
Huntsville, Alabama
“Convenient to hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

The restaurant has a nice outdoor eating area. I ate there twice; once I had a salad and another time I had a burger with fries. Both times the food and the service was great. The prices are a little bit pricey for what youbget but may be worth it for the convenience and the bay view.

Visited July 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great ambiance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

This restaurant has a great ambiance. We went on a Friday night and it was very busy. They had a live band who looked like a group of high schoolers but they played well. Our group ordered appetizers and drinks and the drinks were good and some of the appetizers were good the others were just ok. Overall I think it's a nice place. I also waked around the hotel a little and it seemed nice. I may stay there next time I'm in the bay area.

Visited June 2013