A grand old hotel with beautiful common rooms, nicely appointed guest rooms, wonderful service.
High on a hill overlooking Berkeley and the Bay, the location is a short walk to the University and the shops and restaurants on University Ave. The fitness facility is a long walk from the main hotel but comprehensive, great tennis courts. Food in the main restaurant was good but very expensive. Better to walk down the hill a block to one of the local places. Be aware there is a daily facilities fee added to your bill at check out and overnight parking is expensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opening its doors in 1915, Claremont Club & Spa has been revered as one of America's iconic luxury hotels. As it celebrates its 100th anniversary, Fairmont Hotels and Resorts is proud to unveil our newest member of the Fairmont collection, ushering in a new era of luxury for the next 100 years! Overlooking the San Francisco Bay, Claremont Club & Spa in Berkeley sets new heights in service, amenities, and accommodations. For the past 100 years, Claremont has been recognized as an icon in the Bay Area. Conveniently located in the heart of Berkeley, the hotel is only a 20-minute drive from downtown San Francisco. Private parking is available. Its 276 beautifully appointed rooms offer a mix of old world charm and California comfort, many boasting breathtaking views of San Francisco. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Fairmont Hotels, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Claremont Club & Spa, A Fairmont Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Claremont Hotel Club Berkeley
- Claremont Hotel Club And Spa
- Claremont Resort Berkeley
- Claremont Hotel Berkeley