If you are staying in Berkeley to visit family or friends, or looking for an alternative to insane prices for high-end accommodations in San Francisco, this may just be the place for you. I visited the Claremont during Christmas week, 2012, and could not have been happier with how comfortable and lovely this property was. Be aware that the published AAA rate may look cheaper than the "friends and family" rate, but for the published rates, resort fees and parking add $50 per day to your tab. I feel that I was somewhat led astray by the reservations clerk who helped me, as I was told that the AAA rate was lower. That might have been technically true, but the clerk did not tell me that the friends and family rate was "inclusive." Having said that, I thought that the hotel was lovely and will most definitely return, possibly in the summer. The hotel is convenient to BART, so you can be in the heart of San Francisco in a short time and not have to deal with parking/driving. The hotel is spotlessly clean, and there is a nice restaurant/bar that has music at night. There is a great breakfast place across the street (Rick & Ann's). All in all, a great place to call "home base" while in the Bay Area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opening its doors in 1915, Claremont Club & Spa has been revered as one of America's iconic luxury hotels. As it celebrates its 100th anniversary, Fairmont Hotels and Resorts is proud to unveil our newest member of the Fairmont collection, ushering in a new era of luxury for the next 100 years! Overlooking the San Francisco Bay, Claremont Club & Spa in Berkeley sets new heights in service, amenities, and accommodations. For the past 100 years, Claremont has been recognized as an icon in the Bay Area. Conveniently located in the heart of Berkeley, the hotel is only a 20-minute drive from downtown San Francisco. Private parking is available. Its 276 beautifully appointed rooms offer a mix of old world charm and California comfort, many boasting breathtaking views of San Francisco. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Fairmont Hotels, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Claremont Club & Spa, A Fairmont Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Claremont Hotel Club Berkeley
- Claremont Hotel Club And Spa
- Claremont Resort Berkeley
- Claremont Hotel Berkeley