My name is Paul Eldridge and I am from Berkeley. To make a very long story short, I've had some very dear friends from a fairytale village in Austria (Losenstein) visit America for the first time. Their plans were fluid and I did my best to make lodging plans on their behalf even though their plans seemed to change often due to changing circumstances.
I'd like to first say that meeting my Austrian family (whom I initially met on Christmas Eve in 1977 when I arrived upon their front doorsteps as a complete stranger) was a life-changing event for me. They took this complete stranger (me) into their home only a couple hours before their family was to begin celebrating Christmas and showered me with kindness, thoughfulness, generosity and love -- even a four foot deep bubble bath!
What an incredibly charitable family!
I have kept in touch with my Austrian family at Christmas time for all these years (I never forgot the special feeling I had when I was in their company) and I have just now been richly blessed by their very first trip to America since first meeting them on that magical Christmas Eve 34 years ago. I have sincerely hoped to make their first visit to California and America a very special and memorable one and three wonderful people at your front desk (sweet and kind and genuinely caring and concerned for my Austrian family) have TWICE gone out of their way to help provide perfect accommodations that will greatly add to my Austrian family's fond memories of their stay in America.
Agnes, Lori and James have been patient as saints in their treatment of me as I tried to work out accommodations at your fine hotel for my favorite family in the world and each has gone way beyond the extra mile to help me. And they expended all of this effort with smiles on their faces and smiles in their eyes and I was awestruck by how important my Austrian family became to each of them (Agnes, Lori and James) as well.
A hotel of your excellent quality, I'm sure, looks for top-notch people to interact with its guests. Understandable. But I hope you treasure Agnes, Lori and James as much as I do and treat them in the same fashion that my Austrian family first treated me 34 years ago because you can't replace such super high caliber folks as Agnes, Lori and James. They are all rare finds and I hope you value them as highly as they valued both my Austrian family and myself as they ever-so professionally helped to select just the right room accommodations and package.
Kind, professional, concerned, thoughtful. Agnes, Lori and James are the best. I've stayed at countless hotels over the last 30 years but I have never experienced anywhere close to the absolutely perfect service and professionalism that I received from the three of them. I will tell others about them (rave to others about them, actually!) and I am grateful to them for all they did for me. THANK YOU, Agnes, Lori and James. You have added much happiness to my Austrian family and certainly to me, too. I appreciate all your time and effort on my behalf. You three are truly AMAZING!!!
Sincerely and respectfully,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opening its doors in 1915, Claremont Club & Spa has been revered as one of America's iconic luxury hotels. As it celebrates its 100th anniversary, Fairmont Hotels and Resorts is proud to unveil our newest member of the Fairmont collection, ushering in a new era of luxury for the next 100 years! Overlooking the San Francisco Bay, Claremont Club & Spa in Berkeley sets new heights in service, amenities, and accommodations. For the past 100 years, Claremont has been recognized as an icon in the Bay Area. Conveniently located in the heart of Berkeley, the hotel is only a 20-minute drive from downtown San Francisco. Private parking is available. Its 276 beautifully appointed rooms offer a mix of old world charm and California comfort, many boasting breathtaking views of San Francisco. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Groupon, Fairmont Hotels, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Claremont Club & Spa, A Fairmont Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Claremont Hotel Club Berkeley
- Claremont Hotel Club And Spa
- Claremont Resort Berkeley
- Claremont Hotel Berkeley