Graduate Berkeley
  • Pool
$242
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Berkeley Rodeway Inn(Berkeley)(Great Value!)
$180
$129
$106
Travelocity
Downtown Berkeley Inn(Berkeley)(Great Value!)
$119
All reviewshotel durantceiling fanquirky hoteltelegraph avenuecorner roomfront desk staffrooms are smallvalet parkingself parktwo blocksfootball gamestreet parkingold buildingmodern amenitiesrestaurant baryogurtsan francisco
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We have stayed in this hotel several times before when our daughter went to UC Berkeley. 2 years later when we had the opportunity to do something in Berkeley, not far from the campus we jumped at Hotel Durant. Little did we know that it was "Game Day" but the Hotel staff was very good about letting us know. We had made the reservation on line and they emailed us right away, explaining the situation of the parking and the fact that there would be events going on there on Saturday. We arrived right when the game was over and we were still greeted warmly and nicely. If I was to do it over, I might not stay there on game day but it all worked out fine.

Room Tip: There is not a pool or a spa at this hotel. The corner suites are large. The beds are comfy. The bathrooms are decent - kindof an older feel but very clean.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2013

The location is amazing. It is very close to the UC campus so if you are planning on settling into the dorms then it is a stones throw away. The food is average and there is only one restaurant. However there are a bunch of places nearby to provide options. The rooms were clean but small and old. It seems like an old heritage building.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank alsgdfkb
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stayed here recently and had a pleasant stay at this quirky hotel. The foyer area has lot of memorabilia on the wall, including a fire damaged bra from yesteryear. The rooms are decorated in a style that would initially seem more at home in Amsterdam ie: Bong style lamps, out of focus picture of a naked couple running hanging on the bathroom wall.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We were flying out of San Francisco the next day but I wanted to stay in Berkeley because I had never been there. This hotel looked like a good choice and was. The staff was very courteous and helpful. I even came back and hour after I checked out and asked to use their business center to print boarding passes. I was treated just the same as if I were still a guest. Special mention to Michael at the front desk for exceptional customer service. The bed was comfortable and the shower good. Parking in front is a hassle because taxis also use the space where guests unload. The restaurant is too loud for my tastes but it's a pub and pubs are loud. A quieter dining alternative would be welcome. The Berkeley campus is just across the street and makes for a great morning walk.

Room Tip: An upper room at the front gives a nice view of the Berkeley campus.
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We stayed on the top floor, and for $180 a night I would say that this was a very pleasant stay. The Building is old, but has been renovated. Rooms are on the small side, but if you travel with somebody you like that isn't a problem ;-) A Boutique-Hotel atmosphere is what you get, don't go if you expect a sterile corporate Hotel.
I choose this Hotel for a 3 day trip to San Francisco. Since comparable Hotels there cost twice as much, I think I got what I paid for. Getting into SF was an easy 20 minute drive, avoiding rush hours.

Room Tip: Top floor, away from the elevators ad main street