“Great balance on price&food close to Berkley University”
Review of Smart Alec's Intelligent Food - CLOSED

Smart Alec's Intelligent Food
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed August 3, 2013

A nice location almost free of those big chains can make things difficult to choose where to get rid of starving and we were lucky. My son’s hamburger was above average and my sesame chicken salad was awesome ! Beyond expectations and better than many I have had on fancy places. Subtle and very tasty dressing under a perfectly cooked chicken. (Tip: there was Trip Advisor stamp on the door).

Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

This place serves up a healthier version of fast food. The chicken avocado sandwich with added bacon was really great. Their fries were tasty too- should've ordered garlic fries but didn't want to be stinky all night. Everything was fast and good. A great choice for a quick meal.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The garlic fries are great -especially considering they weren't fried. Our chicken burgers with avocado were OK; a chicken salad was...we'll they're not a salad place.

Not bad - but there are many options on Telegraph.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

This is a popular place just off the campus of Cal, Berkeley. It was crowded for lunch and had been recommended to us by more than one person. Varied menu with fresh ingredients, large portions. I had the chinese chicken salad, it was fresh and big enough to split with another person. The place has a family owned, college town feel, the kind of place you want to see do well in a college town and clearly there are many repeat customers.

Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Went with 8 others and they loved their choices. Garden delight salad was huge and very tasty. Chicken Caesar salad was also really good. Husband liked his turkey sandwich. They have a vegetarian burger. I had the basic beef burger, but I wouldn't pick it again. Wasn't terrible, but was kind of dry and had a funny taste to it. Probably because it was some kind of special grass-fed beef, I think. If you like that sort of thing, then this would probably be fine for you. The "fries" are baked so they're healthier. But if I'm out and eating fries, I want the real thing. Healthy I can do at home. Salad comes with a big chunk of cornbread, but no butter.