1,540 results
All reviewsbart stationpeace signdowntown berkeleyparking garagestreet noisecounter spacehomeless peopleboutique hoteltwo blockssan franciscochez panissebathroom doordefinitely stay here againcomfortable roomfitness roomlocation was perfectrooms are small
Reviewed October 12, 2017

We love the Shattuck Hotel in Berkeley. Always stay here when going to shows at Freight & Salvage. Great restaurants in hotel and within walking distance. BART station is right outside the door; can easily go to San Francisco or Oakland Airport. Accommodations are very clean. Also very close to Berkeley campus.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2017

I've stayed here many times for business, and the staff never seem to know when the restaurant will open and close, so they guess. You get quoted the wrong hours and find yourself walking around Berkeley looking for a late dinner because the staff was unable to accurately determine when the restaurant and room service would be closing.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed October 10, 2017

I love this hotel for its central location, close to campus, the comfort of its rooms and the sense of safety and security I felt as a solo female traveler.All the employees are gracious and I appreciate the fact that they make every effort to provide an environmentally friendly experience: guests are encouraged to re-use towels, rather than have them replaced daily; soap bars are on the small side, to prevent wastage, and signs in the bathroom remind us to conserve water while showering or brushing teeth.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed October 9, 2017

We were in town for 1 night. Location of the hotel to downtown and campus was excellent. The hotel has no parking of its own. We pulled up to the curb in front of the hotel to check in and unload our bags. The bell staff was great! We parked in a structure across the street and just left the car there the whole time of our stay. Our room was a king room. Good drawer/closet space, but no mini fridge or microwave. We had 3 people: my husband, daughter and myself, so we had to get a rollaway bed. We had drinks in the bar on Saturday evening. Bar staff were friendly and prompt making/serving our drinks. We had breakfast in the restaurant in the morning. We had to eat quickly in order to make it to an event and the servers did a good job taking our order and getting our food to us quickly. The room was comfortable, although a little noisy. We were on the 3rd floor facing main downtown street, but it did eventually quiet down. Overall, it was a wonderful, albeit quick, stay for us. I did book through expedia and was able to get a better price using points. Otherwise the room would have been close to/over $300 for one night, plus cost of parking.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2017

This hotel was quiet, well appointed, clean and wonderfully located. I arrived during an electrical blackout of the neighborhood and the staff was superb. They dealt with the difficulties presented by the blackout with grace and excellent personal attention to my every need. I strongly recommend this place.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo