“Weekend stay”

GreenLeadersGold level
Cohasset, Massachusetts
“Weekend stay”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Had a very nice weekend stay, service and attention were both very good. Room is small, but a very good bed and bath. Location is great, right next to the BART. As people have stated, no parking but garage is next door and easy to access. Originally I thought about taking the BART, but ended up driving and it worked out great. Food was excellent and bar was as good. If you get a good price, it's a no brainer to stay here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed November 10, 2013

It's a good stay but the price point is close to a luxury hotel without the ammenties. Parking was more than a hassle. Please be aware that the garages close at night and don't open until the morning. If you need to leave for an early morning flight, it's a bit difficult to get your car but not impossible.

Also, at check-in, I had to use a garage further down the street because the one across the street was full. Do not park in front of the hotel, even to unload, you can get a ticket.

The bottom line, it's a bit expensive for the experience but a nice place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Malvern
Reviewed November 10, 2013

My husband and I were walk ins on a Sunday afternoon. The service and consideration we received from the front desk staff was exceptionally good. The two gentlemen in reception found a lovely room which was cleaned and immediately available. On one of the higher floors in a quiet corner of the hotel, the room was on the larger size with a recently renovated bathroom. The bed was extremely comfortable with immaculate linens and good pillows. Bathrobes were hanging in closet and the toiletries were very nice. Considering the fact that we have family in town, we will definitely consider staying in this hotel on our next trip there.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Ann Arbor MI
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is located smack in the middle of downtown Berkeley, about a mile from the UC campus and half a block from the BART station. Staff is very friendly. I showed up early, so they put me in an accessible room because it had been cleaned. I'm not able to tell whether the good things (large size, many electrical outlets) or bad things (inadequate lighting, awkward furniture arrangement) are typical of the hotel's rooms or specific to the rooms that have been converted to make them accessible.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Where to next?
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for two nights during a work trip to Berkeley. The hotel is well appointed, quiet and comfortable. The bar area is a bit dull, and we did not have the opportunity to try the breakfast or the restaurant, but everything else about this hotel was fine. We would certainly return.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Corte Madera, California
Reviewed November 1, 2013

This hotel is really clean and trendy. I even considered having my wedding here but decided to use another venue in Piedmont. My guests and I ended up staying here anyways and when I walked into our room I was horrified to see how small it was! My bridesmaids and I had so much to prepare the night before, we had to arrange all the flowers and iron the linens which was extremely difficult because we could barley move in the room! I'm not exaggerating, we really couldn't move around and I'm only 125 pounds so it's not like we're big girls. We even moved what we could into the bathroom like the chairs.

Five stars++ for costumer service!! On my wedding day I tried to get an early check in so we could split up the girls and make room for the photographer/hair/makeup crew. I asked for the manager and he apologized but they were completely sold out and had no rooms for an early check in. I gave a half frown and about to thank him anyways when he told me I was too relaxed to be the bride and he deals with many brideszillas. I told him no reason to be one but I WAS stressed about the room size. Whats he do??? He personally walks me their conference room upstairs with a penthouse setup and asked if this was okay? I couldn't stay too long or make a mess but I could use that for a few hours. I quickly ran to tell the other girls but before I could finish the story, I get a knock on the door and there he is again. He worked his magic and got the housekeeping to clean one of our rooms so we could get in early. Check in was at 3pm and got us in around 10am but that's not all. He topped it off by upgrading my room for our wedding and we could get in right away!!!!! I'm not sure what kind it was but it was about 3x the size with sofa/living area so I was excited.

I wish so bad I remembered his name but he really made the difference. I am so grateful, might need to call and have them look up who was on duty that day to thank him one more time. One more good thing is a week later I realized I might have left my ipod and a expensive jawbone speaker in the room. I gave them a call thinking for sure it was gone......BUT NO! THEY HAD IT!!

Oh, but I don't want to be misleading about my upgraded room. It was just 3x the size of the first so in reality, it was just a standard room size lol.

Room Tip: Pay more for a big one and ask for square footage if you get claustrophobic. Not a good choice if yo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
San Diego
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Hotel is clean, beautiful, and inviting. Location is great, walking distance to the university, restaurants, and shops. Easy parking across the street. Somewhat noisy as our room was facing Allston St, and the one meal we ate in the restaurant was not good. Overall, though, the room was small but very nice and the staff was exceptional. Will definitely stay here again. Thank you!

Room Tip: Choose a room that is farther away from the corner of Allston and Shattuck!
Green Features: It is appreciated! I don't need to keep the lights on while I'm not in the room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family