Hotel Shattuck Plaza
$143
  • Restaurant
$125
Berkeley Rodeway Inn(Berkeley)(Great Value!)
$140
$159
HIExpress.com
TripAdvisor
1,474 results
All reviewsbart stationpeace signdowntown berkeleyparking garage across the streetstreet noisestreet sidehomeless peoplecounter spaceboutique hotelkey cardtwo blockssan franciscochez panissebathroom doordefinitely stay here againcomfortable roomslocation was perfect
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Definitely one of my favorite lobbies. The artwork and tiled floor are great. The hotel bar is very good, and it is well placed to explore a lot of Berkley's fine food establishments. Also close enough to walk around Berkley while leaving the car in the parkade across the street (downside of the place is the lack of parking).

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My husband and I wanted to get away for a night without the kids, and thankfully my mom was happy to oblige. Although we wanted to go somewhere in wine country, all of the hotels were at least a two night minimum due to it being crush season. Then I thought up the great idea of going to a Cal game (I'm an alum) and heading to Chez Panisse for a special dinner out. Again, it was hard to find a hotel without a two night minimum, so when I saw the great reviews on TripAdvisor and the fact that we could stay one night, I thought I'd give it a shot. We loved the hotel. It's a small, beautifully restored hotel with a lot of charm. The decor is gorgeous, especially downstairs.

We stayed in a room with a king sized bed, and I'll be honest, the room was very small. However, it was not facing Shattuck, so it was quiet. And having a 3 year old and a 6 month old, we wanted our night away to be quiet. I loved the environmentally friendly touches - from the less-waste soap to the key card that activates the thermostat. The bed was very comfortable as well.

Most of all, the location was perfect. We parked our car at the Richmond BART station because it was a game day and we were afraid the parking would be full near the hotel. The hotel is steps away from the BART, so you could be in SF in 15 minutes. We walked all over Berkeley, including to Chez Panisse, which was straight up Shattuck .7 mile away.

The staff were very friendly, although the check-in was a little slow, probably because the staff were busy answering questions. However, once we did check-in, they were great and very accommodating with our requests.

Finally, the bar downstairs was a great place to get a drink before heading out. They have a late Happy Hour, and we enjoyed munching on marinated olives and sipping some fun cocktails.

All in all, it was a great place to stay, and I will definitely come back the next time we head to Berkeley.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed here with my dad on a business trip, and definitely the hotel didn't disappoint. Rooms were nice, and plenty of wifi to connect to. The room had plenty of plugs including USB for the phone. Location was right in the heart of Berkeley so very scenic and plenty of eye candy. Also very convenient to the BART stop should you choose to go over to SF. While I didn't get to try their restaurant/bar, I'm pretty sure this place is tops.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank d l
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Only here for a night but found it very charming and comfortable. Right in the heart of Berkeley, this Shattuck has been beautifully restored to its former glory. We were in room 524 - a superior king, overlooking Shattuck Street. Good sized room, really nice sized bathroom. Free Internet.

The bar downstairs was also very good. An excellent assortment of harder to find spirits, and a great bar appetizer menu. The pretzel with Gouda sauce was to die for.

Would stay here again, but next time would ask for a room overlooking the bay from either the 5th or 6th floor - didn't realize the views were so good in that drirection from the higher floors - you can see the Golden Gate AND the Bay Bridge.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MatinicusRock
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

This is a great hotel in Berkeley. Near downtown Berkeley. Great accommodations. Friendly staff. Nice, small bar.Would definitely stay here again! We stayed in a very spacious suite. It was a very clean room, with nice, soft linens.

• Stayed: September 2012