Hotel Shattuck Plaza
$135
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $189/night.

$141
$128
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $149/night.

$191
$169
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $196/night.

Rose Garden Inn(Berkeley)
$186
Berkeley Rodeway Inn(Berkeley)(Great Value!)
$180
$165
$188
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $210/night.

$129
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $149/night.

$242
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $274/night.

Marina Inn(Berkeley)
$119
1,489 results
All reviewsbart stationpeace signdowntown berkeleyparking garagestreet noisecounter spacekey cardboutique hotelhomeless peopletwo blockssan franciscochez panissedefinitely stay here againbathroom doorcomfortable roomsquiet roomlocation was perfect
Reviewed September 23, 2012

This was our second visit, both times were just for one night while attending a local concert.

Pros: The location is perfect for anything in Berkeley. The rooms are not huge, but certainly fine for one night. We had a room for two with a king sized bed that was very comfortable with nice linens. The amenities were really nice. The Keurig coffee system is appreciated as are the bathroom toiletries and the robe (1) and all the up-to-date outlets for electronics. The staff are all very nice and the hotel is very clean. We also like the fact that you can open the windows and adjust the room temperature. The parking is right across the street ($10.00 for overnight) and very convenient.

Cons: There isn't any place to put your toiletries in the bathroom. I suggested in my comments to the hotel, that they add a shelf because there is plenty of room. It would be really helpful especially since the rooms are on the small side. Personally, I like a mini fridge and there isn't one, but it's not a deal breaker, just a notation.

All, in all, I am glad this hotel is here and will stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2012

This hotel made up in hospitality and charm from employees what it lacked in not having valet parking. We had a superior king room and it was GREAT! 5th floor. The gym was not crowded so I was able to get my 45 min run in daily.

Mike and Kingsly at front desk area were sooo helpful. Kingsly suggest a place, an Italian bakery in AM that had amazing coffee and savory breakfast pizza. Mike actually came with us to Bart to show us how to buy tickets to get around and to help us with an iPhone app for iBart. They were GREAT.

This hotel was well managed as the employees had personality with Hospitality their priority. Other hotels should take notice....we will stay here again.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2012

THe hotel is a nicely refurbished building, with nice decor and a good location for visiting both Berkley and San Francisco ( located just opposite the BART station ).

It's an excellent alternative to the overpriced hotels in San Francisco. We got even upgraded to a suite.
Hotel bar is excellent, with interesting coctails and decent prices.

Rooms are a bit smaller then the usual standard you find in the US, but it's very much close to European standard.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2012

My stay at Hotel Shattuck was simple one of the best I've had in a long while; attention to detail, courteous service and an amazing staff, good bar and nightlife and you are in the center of everything. The food, especially at the bistro was delicious (complements to the chef) and the staff from the Manager, Marcus to the amazing front desk folks and that incredible young man who checked us in, it was a relaxing and fabulous journey. Kudos! Kudos! kudos! I'll be back!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room and one with a view!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2012

My husband and I stayed in the executive (full bed with desk) room on a Friday night, and there was plenty of room for us and our luggage. The front desk didn't seem to mind that two people were staying, even though the website would only let me register one guest. They also offered to hold my luggage when I checked out.
The one surprise was that they authorized my credit card for $100 extra for incidentals, which was corrected upon checkout. The location was perfect (near BART and campus). The parking garage across the street was fine.The walls were thin, but out room didn't face the street, so all we heard was people walking down the hall. The bathroom was very nice, and the water pressure in the shower was good. We didn't have a chance to go to the bar or restaurant, but they looked nice. My husband had previously visited the bar and liked it. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple