$123
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $141/night.

$143
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $173/night.

Berkeley Rodeway Inn(Berkeley)(Great Value!)
$180
  • Restaurant
$168
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $201/night.

$199
$179
$159
1,532 results
All reviewsbart stationpeace signdowntown berkeleyparking garagestreet noisecounter spacehomeless peopleboutique hoteltwo blockssan franciscokey cardchez panissebathroom doordefinitely stay here againcomfortable roomfitness roomlocation was perfect
Reviewed September 21, 2012

My stay at Hotel Shattuck was simple one of the best I've had in a long while; attention to detail, courteous service and an amazing staff, good bar and nightlife and you are in the center of everything. The food, especially at the bistro was delicious (complements to the chef) and the staff from the Manager, Marcus to the amazing front desk folks and that incredible young man who checked us in, it was a relaxing and fabulous journey. Kudos! Kudos! kudos! I'll be back!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room and one with a view!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2012

My husband and I stayed in the executive (full bed with desk) room on a Friday night, and there was plenty of room for us and our luggage. The front desk didn't seem to mind that two people were staying, even though the website would only let me register one guest. They also offered to hold my luggage when I checked out.
The one surprise was that they authorized my credit card for $100 extra for incidentals, which was corrected upon checkout. The location was perfect (near BART and campus). The parking garage across the street was fine.The walls were thin, but out room didn't face the street, so all we heard was people walking down the hall. The bathroom was very nice, and the water pressure in the shower was good. We didn't have a chance to go to the bar or restaurant, but they looked nice. My husband had previously visited the bar and liked it. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We had originally booked to stay for 5 nights in another Berkeley "hotel" about a mile up Telegraph Avenue..However, that was not a nice place, so we stayed for 1 night,( which was too much). We were very fortunate to be able to book into the Shattuck for the remaining 4 nights. The lady on the desk showed us the room and we found the rates very reasonable.
The room was fab. with a power point for every conceivable type of electronic equipment. The beds, duvets and pillows were gorgeous and the room exceptionally clean. You could tell straight away that the cleaning staff took pride in their work.. The rest of the Staff were nice and friendly, without being over the top.The food was of good quality and it was nice to see the bar and restaurant busy, but friendly.
Another fantastic bonus was that this hotel is literally a minute away from the Bart.
This hotel rightly deserves to be number 1 in Berkeley and we hope it stays that way.If you are staying in Berkeley you cannot go wrong by staying here.

Room Tip: They do have some rooms at top of hotel with good views. Understandly they cost a little more.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Greg M, General Manager at Hotel Shattuck Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Dear chrisHockely_Essex,

We are sincerely appreciative to learn that you had such a positive experience with us. Our team strives to meet and exceed the expectations of our guests and we are always delighted to know when we have had a positive impact. Thank you for choosing us for your visit and for dining in our restaurant FIVE. FIVE focuses on the five senses and it sounds like our friendly staff and culinary team presented a fulfilling dining experience. We will continue to work hard to earn #1 in Berkeley on Trip Advisor and if for any reason we miss an expectation, we will strive to resolve it before departure.

Best regards,

Greg

Greg Mauldin | General Manager
Hotel Shattuck Plaza | FIVE, a Modern American Bistro

Reviewed September 9, 2012

I loved this hotel from the minute I stepped foot inside. I was only there for 12 hours max...but it was still a cool experience.

Pros: The lobby looked really elegant and the restaurant that is connected looked to be a hopping place (we got in around 10pm on a Tuesday night and it was still busy). I passed up my room at first, as it was located right next to the elevator. When I realized this I was pretty bummed because the elevator might be loud but I actually never even heard it! The room was small but I kind of expected that with the size of the hotel. They also have Keurig coffee pots in the room which I was really happy about. If you are into organic products, their toiletries were all organic (I don't really care either way, but they did seem like higher quality than some of the chain hotels watered down products). The area seems like a good area to hang around in/walk to restaurants.

Cons: There is no valet parking/parking structure run by this hotel. You have to park in a parking structure a little down the street - not a big deal - but I would rather not walk at night down a street and into a parking structure by myself to get to my car. Also, you have to stick a room key into a slot in the wall to turn on the electricity for the room. Thus, when you get in, your room is a bit warm. This usually wouldn't have bothered me so much but since I got in so late, I just wanted to go to bed.

All in all I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank embee09

Dear Embee09,

Thank you for your recent comments regarding your stay at the Hotel Shattuck Plaza. We are glad to know you had an overall positive stay. The Keurig coffeemakers were a direct result of feedback from guests and we are delighted to read about these in the ”pro” category. We continue to pursue parking options for valet and hope to be able to offer this one day. Until then, our staff is available to escort any guest to and/or from the garage if they feel uncomfortable. In general our area is safe and we appreciate the Downtown Business Association Ambassadors (the team wearing the bright green jackets) as they are available to help visitors with any needs or questions.

We look forward to your next visit and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any furture assistance.

Kindest regards,

Greg

Greg Mauldin | General Manager
Hotel Shattuck Plaza | FIVE, a Modern American Bistro

Reviewed September 8, 2012

I was a little leery of staying at the Shattuck because of the fact that the hotel was recently renovated, the relatively low cost of only $118 for a Thursday night stay and the name sounded strange and odd. Most other major hotel brands in the area were in the $150-$200 range. Anyway the Shattuck was the most conveniently located hotel to where I had to be on UC Berkeley’s campus the following 8:30am morning for a conference. It was only one BART station away or a little more than a 1 mile walk to my conference.

As I exited the downtown Berkeley BART station I could almost immediately gained sight of the hotel, which is impressive from the outside. I was equally impressed by the lobby and bar area, which shouted local boutique hotel. Check-in was smooth and the attended recommended some local student hangouts for my consideration. You need your key card to use the elevator to access your floor. I felt very safe here.

The evidence of their remodeling continued as I walked down to my requested end of the hallway room 553. My corner room had two very large windows so lots of light was apparent, which I liked as opposed to a darkened room. Unfortunately my view was not very nice. They were of the roof top air conditioning units below. My room was very small, the bed was only a double-sized bed and the flat screen HTDV was only 32-inch. The bath room was somewhat updated, but, equally small, but, with a very nice boutique style terrycloth robe hanging on the doorway for my use. There was a stall shower, but, not tub. Check out my pic of the rather unique doughnut soap. I am still trying to figure out what to do with the doughnut hole after I used up thy soap. The bathroom marble floor seemed worn and had a crack. I assume they did not update the bathroom floor. All in all I really liked the convenience of the hotel.

Starbucks was right around the corner for my morning coffee and check-out went smoothly. I will return.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms are small here