Lowest prices for your stay
$139
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
$139
FindHotel
$137
Free cancellation until 08/28/22
Wyndham$139
Hotels.com$139
ZenHotels.com$144
All reviews hot breakfast busy street yogurt beds were comfortable san francisco freeway refrigerator
Sort and selected filters
Sort Filter
Reviewed January 14, 2007

We were evacuated at 1:00 a.m. from this hotel after a city fire department inspection revealed severe code violations, including inoperable sprinkler and alarm systems, stuck exit doors, and non-functional fire hose hookups. Hotel management was rude, unapologetic, and did almost nothing for the 100+ guests that had to pack up and leave. Need I say more?

Date of stay: December 2006
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
4  Thank Stanley-7
Reviewed October 18, 2006

This hotel was just terrible. Our room had ripped carpeting, an unpleasant smell, and stains on the bedspread. Friends staying in another room had cigarette burns in their sheets. The common areas were clean, but the rooms are deplorable. You will regret staying here.

Date of stay: October 2006
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank rufus8
Reviewed June 11, 2006

You won't mistake the Best Western University Inn for a luxury hotel, but I was comfortable staying there for 3 nights. The first night I was in a room facing University St., which was very noisy. The next morning they gladly moved me to a back room; if one hadn't been available my review would be significantly different. The rooms are clean and comfortable, if a little worn. I found the staff pleasant and helpful. The only thing that really bothered me was a lack of drinking glasses and ceramic coffee mugs in the room; styrofoam cups only. But that is pretty minor, there are plenty of far worse places to stay in Berkeley.

Date of stay: June 2006
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
6  Thank BoardingPass22831
Reviewed March 4, 2006

The motel was okay, but they kept running out of things. We stayed a week. There was no shampoo available for the first 4 days we were there. When we asked for it, they said they had none. They had make you own waffles for the continental breakfast. They ran out of batter for the first 4 days. They had no syrup until the last 2 says we were there. The printer on the computer they provided was out of ink the whol time we were there.
They were remodeling when we were there. Noise such as pounding started before 8:00 AM. It was kept relatively clean. I will probably stay in a different place when I return to that area in August.

2  Thank OnAir25026
Reviewed December 29, 2005

They completely messed up my reservation. And then were entirely unprofessional in trying to rectify the situation. No customer service skills. If you get stuck having to stay at this hotel because there aren't any others available, document EVERYTHING because they are always right.

Date of stay: November 2005