“Good luck getting any sleep here.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn Berkeley

La Quinta Inn Berkeley
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Berkeley
Sacramento, California
“Good luck getting any sleep here.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

The floor above our room (and many others) was very creaky. Unfortunately we had a pacer in the room above us who walked around (and creaked) late at night and early in the morning, waking us up. This is not an easily solved problem so my advice is to stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: I don't know how you find a room where the floors don't squeak in this hotel--maybe there ar...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here a while back while we were touring around SF. It's not in SF so the prices are much more affordable. The rooms were a good size, and we had a fridge, so we bought food and had dinner in the room one night when we were tired. Parking is easy. It was a little noisy with kids running around on the floor above us, but it wasnt unbearable. Would definitely stay here again based on the location and the value.

Room Tip: Higher floor...less stomping on your head. :)
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Bologna, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

My not so high vote for la Quinta in Berkeley is due to the terrible breakfast they serve. It's true that breakfast is not all in an hotel but when you spend 129$ a night, bedsides having a comfortable bed, that you get at La Quinta, you also would like to wake up with a good breakfast. No fruit, terrible coffee, a few buttery croissant and the usual square bread. At the Lobby I was told that the breakfast was better a few years back. If you would like a suggestion dear La Quinta owners I believe that you should increase the quality of your breakfast!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in tha back of the hotel, University avenue could be quite noisy
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Davis, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I am posting here because h**tels.com won't post my review. I stayed here this weekend with my sis, thinking it would be a short walk from the North Berkeley BART station. I was wrong. I admit, I probably should have analyzed googlemaps more (Note: city blocks in Berkeley are huge), because after we were walking 40 minutes on University Ave, I was like, "OMG where are we" and I kept telling her it couldn't be much further. We did end up finding it about 5 minutes later, after stopping inside a Subway to make sure we were still going the right way. Problem is, we were really tired by the time we finally got to the hotel because we'd already spent all day walking, with our backpacks, sightseeing in Downtown Berkeley. So if you plan to do something similar (not bring a car and walk everywhere like we did) it might not be worth it to be so far from BART. On the plus side though, it was super nice and clean once we got there and the staff was very helpful. And it is close to the Amtrak station and the 4th Street shopping area. We'll just have to stay somewhere a little more central next time.

Room Tip: Maybe book directly through the hotel? We used a third-party website and we were facing the parking...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Park Ridge, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Let me start by saying the staff was attentive and professional. Check in and check out was fine.
The room was a dump. Cracker crumbs in the corners, wet carpet in front of the bathroom door (oh Lord I didn't even want to guess) the room was smelly....like mold. The view was of some type of oil recycling truck. The first time I ever emailed a motel and voiced my displeasure. They then barraged me with offers to stay again, no discount. REALLY???? WHY WOULD I??
Oh and breakfast. The lady next to me stared at the slop and asked "what the heck is this"?? I really couldn't answer.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Berkeley hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stay in this Berkeley La Quinta Inn once a month for business and my experience has been better to best once every time I visited. Manager Jack has turned this place around. Staffs are very helpful, breakfast been always good, I like the self made warm waffle. Very close to highway 80 makes my travel easy too!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business