“Great Stay. Great customer service!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Berkeley
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Everything was really great. The customer service was amazing! I was handed 2 water bottles and a warm cookie at check in. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I put up a "Do Not Disturb" sign and they slip a note under your door asking to call and tell them when a better time to come back so they don't keep bothering you. Very clean room and bathroom. The food was delicious as well!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Brandon J, Director of Rooms at DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2013

Dear Anna D,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor -

I am so happy to hear about your recent visit at the DoubleTree Berkeley Marina!

We appreciate your business and hope to see you in the near future.

Happy Holidays!

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina

Reviewed December 22, 2013

This is a nicely situated hotel on the Marina in Berkeley. Nothing close by within walking distance, but good driving access to the East Bay and the City. The hotel also runs a local shuttle. The hotel is a little dated but certainly perfectly comfortable. When I stayed the heating system was malfunctioning in my room. So for three nights I had a less than warm experience. Unusually for the Hilton, staff weren't particularly helpful in terms of getting the heating thing resolved. Otherwise this was a fine stay and good value.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Brandon J, Director of Rooms at DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Dear Richard B,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor -

I am happy to hear you had a comfortable stay; however I am sorry that the heating system did not work up to par during your visit.

All feedback is encouraged and I can assure you that this issue will be looked into immediately for the room you stayed in.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the DoubleTree Berkeley Marina in the near future.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

I stayed two nights at The DoubleTree and it was such a cute hotel with a great view. Service was what you would expect from a Hilton owned property and our room was very clean and spacious. The sunset at night was beautiful. The next time I go up north I will be back! Thank you DoubleTree Berkely.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Brandon J, Director of Rooms at DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

Dear JLS127,

All the way from New York City -

I am so pleased to hear about your recent visit at the DoubleTree Berkeley Marina and am happy you enjoyed your accommodations - especially the views!

Thank you for your recent review and we look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the Berkeley area.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

My stay at the Hilton in Berkley was just perfect from the time I walked in until I left. The staff greets you with smiles and cookies and the rooms were clean and cozy. breakfast and staff were excellent. I couldn't ask for anything more.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Patricia C
Brandon J, Director of Rooms at DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Dear Patricia C,

Happy Holidays and thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor -

I am so happy to hear that you had a perfect stay during your recent visit to the DoubleTree Berkeley Marina.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Great location at Berkeley Marina, adjacent to Cesar Chavez park. Great for jogging with views of San Francisco and Golden Gate Bridge. 2 pools, one adult only. Rooms what you would expect from a Double Tree.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Brandon J, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear PismoMary,

Thank you for your nice review on Trip Advisor! We truly appreciate your business, in additon to the comments in regards to our views and property. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay -

Let us know when you are returning to our area!

Happy Holidays!

Brandon

Reviewed December 12, 2013

I'm chalking it up to 'things happen' but this was not our best experience at Double Tree in Berkeley. Our toilet would not flush in the morning and it took some time to get someone to come. I made 3 phone calls. This in turn put off a shower with big fluffy towels and a relaxed morning. My husband and I got in a squabble and we didn't get to take a walk to see the boats. Maid knocked on the door then as the sign not to enter was taken down for the plumber. But we love that location.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Wanda H.,

Thank you for your recent visit to the DoubleTree Berkeley Marina -

My apologies for the issues you encountered with your room during your visit and I can assure you that this is not standard. We appreciate the feedback and will be following up to ensure the issue have been corrected.

If you ever return to the Berkeley area, please feel free to contact me directly.

Happy Holidays -

Brandon J

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Stayed here as participated in the Berkley half Marathon. It was a very clean hotel in a great location right on the marina and ran past during the course of the half marathon. Unfortunately on the first night of our stay, there was a birthday party next door with either hight school or young college students that played soccer in the hallway, knocked on doors and ran away, loud music til finally after several calls to the front desk, got a room change during the night as no sleep. The staff that assisted with the room change were very helpful and understanding and got security to attend to the party. We were moved away from the party and it was a nice quiet room and second night was peaceful and relaxing. There were alot of families enjoying the indoor pool. we paid an extra $20 per night for the view of the marina. We didnt get a chance to enjoy it so I wouldnt bother paying for the view next time.

Room Tip: I think if we did not have the party next door it would have been a great room. If you intend to st...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Patti B.,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor -

Happy to hear that you participated in the Berkeley Half Marathon and chose to stay with us during your recent visit!

My apologies for the challenges you experienced with noise caused by other guests in the hallway; however I am happy to hear that the Front Desk was able to assist with a room move.

We look forward to your future visit should you return to the Berkeley area.

Brandon J.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Claremont Club & Spa, A Fairmont Hotel
Rose Garden Inn
Rose Garden Inn
#12 of 20 in Berkeley
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina? Share your experiences!