“Service, Service, Service”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Los Angeles, California
“Service, Service, Service”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My family and I stayed at this location because our kids participated in a TKD tournament sponsored by UC Berkeley. The service was excellent from the time we checked in. We were traveling with other family members and the hotel was very accommodating, which made traveling with 8 raucus boys very pleasant. I'd like to thank Eric, Monique,Tajihera and all the other at the hotel for making this trip a fun one. And keep the cookies coming!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank SangL518

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Plainfield, Indiana
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Beautiful location. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Hotel undergoing some remodeling so a little messy. Layout of part of the hotel a little odd as some buildings were 3 stories and one building 4 stories. Made it hard to get to the 4 story building from within the complex.

1 Thank kphillips7293
Kansas City, United States
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Great hotel! The restaurant is rather high priced, but definitely worth it. The breakfast buffet is delicious and highly recommended. I will definitely be staying here, again, on my next trip to Berkeley, CA. Thank you!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Kari H
Santa Maria, United States
Reviewed May 3, 2013

If you love cookies, this is the thing this hotel do best to give to you. They are so proud of giving cookies to guest, but ask yourself, is that what you want for staying at a hotel? However, if you want a decent hotel , this is not a good choice. It does not offer the value that guests expect to pay. Imagine, staying in a room that has no AC or heater. The unit was sitting in your room but not working, worse, it was not even connected to the wall control. Sleeping in a stuffy room with no heat or cold, how terrible is that? Next, you are staying at a hotel that is under renovation, but paying for full rate? I should have listened to the Trip advisor comments by other previous guests complaining all these problems. I thought it is just the persons who loved to complain everything. I trusted my coworker who recommended this hotel to me, now I doubt her though.

1 Thank Chuck W
Fresno, United States
Reviewed May 3, 2013

The hotel is nice especially the marina view. Being charge to use internet in the room is ridiculous. Room service is good but the quality of the food is just ok especially for the price you pay for it. I would recommend this hotel for the convenience of conference or meeting you happen to need to attend here.

Valdosta, Georgia
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I decided to stay here since I was attending a conference in San Francisco and the rate here was about half of what I would have paid in the city. And besides, Berkley is a favorite spot in my book. I had never stayed here before, but it was a great experience right from the chocolate chip cookie upon arrival. I was a little concerned when I arrived, since it is at a distance from Berkley and I did not have a car, but the shuttle was very prompt and getting around town and to the BART station was no problem (also, it was an easy BART ride to SF from the North Berkley station). I was a little concerned that my room was at the front end of the hall on the first floor, but noise was never really an issue. The staff was very helpful, and I have to give particulary kudos to Mason and Paige for their help and recommendations. The food here is very good, especially the seafood, and there are several neat restaurants in easy distance. As for the room, it was a good-sized room and was quite clean. I would have liked a better view, but as this was a business trip, there was not much time to gaze at the masts in the marina. Also, there were other nice places around the property that offered good vistas (and, fortunately, the weather was nice). Next time life takes me in the direction of Berkley and SF, this place would be on my list of places to stay.

1 Thank Scott G
Stephanie B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Scott G~

Thank you very much for taking your time to post a review regarding your stay at our hotel.
I am delighted to see that you truly had an enjoyable stay. We think our location is perfect for visits to San Francisco - a short ride on BART - free parking at our hotel - complimentary shuttle ride to BART!
Thank you for your kind words recognizing Paige & Mason - I will personally thank them for their fantastic service!!
We look forward to welcoming you back as our guest!
All the best -
Stephanie
Sleepy Hollow, New York
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We were in Berkeley for a wedding and also wanted to do quite a bit of sight-seeing in the bay area. This was a great spot! Our king room with balcony had a distant view of the Golden Gate Bridge, the adjacent sailboat marina and manicured gardens. Lovely, peaceful contrast to the hub-bub of San Francisco -- yet we could drive into the city over the Bay Bridge in less than 30 minutes, even at rush hour. (Appreciated the free self-parking at the Doubletree, not the norm in SF OR other Berkeley properties.) The room was spacious, clean, recently updated. We paid ahead for the room to secure the best price. Also enjoyed the pool and jacuzzi, glassed in but with a bay view.

Room Tip: While you pay extra for the Golden Gate view, I'm glad we did. The inland view would be of the...