+ Overall pretty clean, staff was courteous, shuttle driver Peter was extremely helpful.
- If you're booking for the price and looking to sightsee in San Francisco, you're better off booking a hotel in SF. The shuttle from the hotel to the Bart is pretty reliable as long as you sign up in advance, but the Bart is approx. 14 round trip per day and takes at least 30 minutes to get to the Embarcadero (1st stop by Fisherman's Wharf). Then, when you get back to the Bart, good luck in catching that shuttle back to the Doubletree. I had to call the hotel desk multiple times to receive an estimated time of 30-40 minutes wait for pick up...and one night the shuttle didn't even show, my phone died, and we ended up taking a taxi back for 15 dollars.
-When you compare this hotel with others that offer an included breakfast, this hotel might seem initially cheaper...however, the "healthy start" buffet at 13 dollars/ person which includes cereal, milk, breads, and none of the hot foods such as eggs, bacon, pancakes will make this hotel just as expensive as the others you might overlook for their higher price tags. 26 dollars per person for breakfast per day? Ridiculous! But they have captive consumers - there are no refridgerators in the rooms.
Overall, if you don't mind being charged an arm and a leg for breakfast and don't need to go into San Francisco, this hotel might be the place for you. Next time, I plan to book in the city at a place that includes breakfast and is more convenient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Breathtaking views of the Bay Area, San Francisco skyline and Golden Gate Bridge usher guests into our elegant lobby. Our beautifully appointed guestrooms and suites include private balconies or patios, and are available with Berkeley Hills, Courtyard, or Marina views. Our 378 guest rooms include all the comforts of home, including high-speed Internet access and luxurious Sweet Dreams beds. Guests are also offered fine hotel amenities, which include an indoor family pool and spa, indoor lap pool, well-equipped Fitness Center, and sauna. Enjoy the finest in California cuisine at our waterfront restaurant, Bay Grille, or relax with your favorite beverage at sunset in the Bay Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Berkeley Marina Hotel Berkeley
- Doubletree Berkeley
- Berkeley Doubletree