“almost exelent..” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Gothenburg, Sweden
“almost exelent..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

everything was just great except... the bar..
everyone in the staff was more than great exept the bar personal me and my wife was going to take a drink the first night and when we arrived the bar staff told us that they was too less people who worked there so we have to clean the table by ouerself and when we ordered we dident get what we ordered cause the staff was too stressed i think and we think they where rude to us!!
so unfortunately it was the first and the last time we where there.. it really destroyed much of the enjoy of staying in this great Hotel.
mvh Trond Olsen

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Stephanie B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
mvh Trond Olsen~
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay.
As the General Manager, I sincerely apologize that your experience at our property wasn’t up to our usual high standards. We’ve addressed the problems you mentioned with customer service levels in our bar area.
Thank you for alerting us to this issue, and we hope you’ll give us another chance if you return to our area. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please feel free to call me at 510.665.7126.
All the best -
Stephanie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

Love the cookies!!!!. Had a nice view of the courtyard from the 2nd floor. Enjoyed having coffee in the morning. Next time I need to book a Marina View. Love that you can walk out of the hotel right onto the bay. Great employees and friendly staff. Front desk very polite and food in the restuarant was delicious. Loved the Calamari!! I will certainly book this hotel again.

Negatives would be charge for internet in rooms, but free wifi in lobby and 24 hour business center made up for that. Roads are bumpy to get into marina, but certainly not the hotels fault.

Room Tip: Book the views!!! or ask for a courtyard.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Warrington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

Although I lived in Berkeley for 5 years I never made it out to this hotel and was very pleasantly suprised by it! The rooms (we were upgraded to marina view) were spacious and seemed to be rennovated relatively recently. Loved the chance to sit outdoors on our 'patio!'. Family pool and jacuzzi were just down the hall which was very convenient. Business centre has really fast computers with large screens. And the complimentary breakfast we received as I'm Hilton Honors Gold was superb! Amazing views and great, high quality buffet selection...wonderful service. I also really appreciated the shuttle service which I used one night - nothing was too much trouble for the driver!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank miljones1
Orange County, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

Traveled for business the week of September 4th and decided to stay here because of the close proximity to my client. The hotel is very quiet and I was able to get a good night's sleep despite being a light sleeper. The bed was very comfortable and I loved the down pillows. I had a 2nd floor room facing the courtyard and occasionally I would hear noise from carts being pushed but that activity usually stopped before 10PM. There was a lot of families in my building and I did not hear any hallway noise. The breakfast was very good and offered both a hot and cold food selection. The fruit was fresh and the rest of the hot food was good as well. The restaurant can be a little pricey for dinner so I only ate there once. The view of the harbor was very pleasant as well. There are several restaurants near the hotel within driving distance as well. The high speed internet was very acceptable and fast enough for me to maintain a VPN connection (no disconnects)! I definitely will be staying here again in the near future.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Annapolis, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

The DoubleTree at Berkeley Marina is a lovely hotel at a great location, with an excellent restaurant and other amenities - those are reasons enough to come. What sets it apart, however, is the outstanding staff.

When we arrived, the travel agent had made a mistake and booked us for a room that was too small for our needs. After an uncomfortable night and a bit of a scramble, the staff was able to move us into a Jr. Suite (which wasn't easy since the hotel was solidly booked). When we returned to the hotel later in our trip, they once again stepped up and found a way to put us in a larger room. They went to all this trouble, even though the error was clearly not theirs. Above and beyond the call of duty!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MegKnows
Culver City, Ca.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

My husband and I really enjoyed this hotel. We usually stay at the Courtyard Marriott in Emeryville but decided to stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Berkeley Marina and will come back to it again. We had a lovely water view; we really liked the pathway along the water. We found the room to be very clean, the beds were sooooo comfortable including the down bedding, and the staff were all very nice. What we liked the least which probably has nothing to do with the hotel, was the horrible condition of the road leading into the Doubletree. We took advantage of the free shuttle which was great.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank mochajacklizzie
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

I went here with my family to enjoy the ocean and the weather. I was expecting way more out of this place. The beds were very uncomfortable and the service was not that great. The food was overpriced and there is only a few choices. I liked the warm cookies we received upon arrival. I suggest that you bring your own food or order a pizza or something. I liked that if we walk outside our door we are able to take a walk next to the ocean. There is nothing really by the hotel. It's mostly for those who enjoy the outdoors.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family