“Out of this World!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Riva Cucina

Riva Cucina
Reserve with OpenTable
Riva Cucina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 692 Restaurants in Berkeley
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 7th Street
Martinez, California
“Out of this World!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2011

This restaurant is sensational. I'd been hearing about it for a long time but don't eat out a lot. I took my vacationing nephew here and we were blown away. The appetizers all looked and sounded luscious and we shared an ample plate of diver scallops which were artfully served in shells and delicious. We ordered more bread to soak up the savory juices. We had pasta dinners, also wonderful. House-made squash ravioli is sage/butter sauce and a past in cream sauce with sausage and mushrooms. We nearly licked the plates clean. Good value on Wednesday - free corkage and nearly everyone who came in had a bottle or two.

• Visited December 2011

Denver, Colorado
“Great atmosphere and delicious food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2011

We went with some college friends of my son. There were 7 in our group. We were promptly seated and service was great. I had the filet sole and was delicious. The portions are small for men so order a appetizer or dessert. Very easy to talk here and no kids making noise.
Plenty of parking since it's not in the center of town. We went on a Saturday night and had reservations but it wasn't real crowded.

• Visited November 2011
Portland, Oregon
“A real treat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2011

How did I miss this wonderful restaurant before? Everything was excellent from the service, noise level (not too noisy), food, wine. Although pasta with bolognese sauce could be pedestrian, this was exceptional. The salad with pear (winter salad) was tasty. if I still lived in Berkeley, I'd be there now and not writing this review!

• Visited November 2011
Oakland, California
“A hidden gem off the beaten path”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

The restaurant has a very intimate atmosphere. The food surpassed my expectations. The pastelli, with sage, butter, cream, and sausage, was exquisite, although very rich. It just melted in my mouth. We also ordered the porchetta, which was well flavored although I would have preferred crispier skin. A definite must! Baba Mae, Oakland, CA

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Babamae1945
Oakland, California
“really, does it get any better.....................”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2011

1st, easy parking. And, as a Californian (in the East Bay), this is uber exciting. This charming, intimated Italian eatery is tucked away, in an attractive red brick bldg., in Berkeley, CA. We were seated right away, and then asked if we wanted to move to a table that would prove to be a little more intimate. There had been a wee bit of a reservation problem and a bottle wine (our choice) was comped. A+ for that. The thinly sliced beets with faro and shaved parm was sensational, as were the warm figs with goat cheese that accompanied the prosciutto (I did not try the prosciutto) Just like in Italy, the servers let us dine, without that hurried feeling one typically gets. The entrees were TDF. Their seating could be more comfortable, and I think they're working on that. GO TO RIVA CUCINA, even if it's out of your way

• Visited October 2011