“Hot Southern Food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Angeline's Louisiana Kitchen

Angeline's Louisiana Kitchen
Ranked #10 of 690 Restaurants in Berkeley
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Seattle
“Hot Southern Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

The food was hot and salty and the lemonade was too sweet but having visited the south and eaten their food, this was very authentic. Hush puppies were yummy, green beans and yummy catfish. Everyones dish looked good. The ambience was quirky, New Orleansy. I really liked the decor. Jazzy music in the background.

Visited June 2013

San Diego, California
“Okay Cajun”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

I sat at the bar and had a light dinner. Maybe because I've eaten a few times in the French Quarter in New Orleans, the food didn't excite me. And the service was not great. All too often (and I was certainly close enough to notice), the wait staff stood around socializing with each other while patrons waited.

Maryland
“Yummy Shrimp Creole”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

I rated this restaurant average b/c we're talking Bay Area. in other parts of the country it might well get a very good. I did adore my shrimp creole, which was well spiced, very flavorful and had lots of tender shrimp, accompanied by rice and green beans. My sister's catfish with hush puppies were over-fried and catfish overbattered. The crayfish etouffe and the bbq shrimp rank in between. Not a gourmet paradise, but the shrimp creole is definitely worth checking out.

Anaheim, California
“Wishing my $20 lunch was refundable”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

I anticipated this establishment for 2 months. Super excited when I arrived with 2 other coworkers. The staff is very friendly but things went sour quickly...the food is under average food. I was not impressed and for the foodie that I am I was hoping for so much more. My plate looked like something from a hospital with pureed sides of something that I couldn't even tell you what it was. It almost looked like vomit on my plate( I ordered the fried chicken) the only thing decent was the chicken and I felt I could have spent 5 dollars at KFC and had exactly the same thing...pretty sad right???? The staff was super busy at lunchtime. I was told by my waiter that there were "only 2 waiters today"... that explains our 15 minute wait for drinks/straws/napkins. We were never asked if we needed anything or how our food was...It seemed like the staff didn't even want to look us in the eye ...afraid we would actually be the patrons that we were and ask for things...DON'T SPEND YOUR MONEY HERE..go to the local KFC or just buy yourself a 5 dollar footlong from Subway...I wish I would have

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great take out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

We tried to get a reservation 5:30 and 8:15 only available. We called in a take out order, when we went to pick it up several people we walk ins and got talbes, when we asked about the walk ins we were told that they only reserve a small number of talbles and most tables are for walk in or call ahead. We would have like to known this we would have eaten in the Kitchen