See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 4, 2008

I found the Downtown Berkeley Inn to be very clean, comfortable and conveniently located walking distance to shops, restaurants, BART, university. The decor had a nice, simple and modern feel. The rates are very reasonable and the owner was a lovely person and extremely helpful when I had questions. I loved it and I would absolutely stay here again!!!!

Stayed: May 2008
2  Thank good2getaway
Reviewed April 10, 2008

This is a great place to stay in Berkeley. The location is great, the rooms are nice, and the staff are helpful and friendly. The price is very reasonable. If I'm ever in Berkeley again, I will definitely stay here!

4  Thank tableau
Reviewed April 8, 2008

I stayed in the Downtown Berkeley Inn for four days while I was visiting UC Berkeley, and I was very impressed. The rooms are clean, decorated with new furniture, and the location is very close to everything in Berkeley. Every room has a large flat screen TV, and there is free parking. The hotel is run by a family that has turned a few rooms into their home, and they really care for the hotel and their guests. The only downside is that the first floor rooms have windows that are on the sidewalk, so people who want privacy should request a room on the second or third floors, away from the street. I will definitely be staying here on my next trip to Berkeley!

1  Thank ford9125
Reviewed April 6, 2008

I am so glad that I stumbled upon this hotel website while looking for a reasonably-priced hotel where I could stay while on a 6 day business/pleasure trip combination to the Bay Area.

First of all, the price was a very reasonable (my total bill, after taxes and fees, was $724 for six nights.) The location was great, just a couple of blocks from the BART station - it took me roughly 30 minutes to get to the downtown hotel where I was attending and presenting at a conference (where I would have paid a lot more than at the Downtown Berkeley Inn!)

The hotel looks more like a motel, rather unassuming and fairly drab from the outside, but the room was amazing - well appointed, with a very cool look, and extremely clean! 42" plasma HD TV, and the most comfortable bed I have ever had at any hotel in my entire life (and I once stayed at the New York Hilton Presidential Suite!). The service was wonderful, very personable, and the owner is delightfully gracious. When I had a small problem with the TV, the desk clerk helped me immediately resolve it.

I strongly recommend this wonderful hotel, it's great value for the money, and you'll sleep very well.

2  Thank Walisabeth
Reviewed March 25, 2008

This hotel is more like a motel, but.. a very good one. Great location, just a few short blocks away from the BART station.

For the price, this is one of the best deals you can find in Berkeley California.

Sudha, the owner of the place was very helpful and friendly

I would certainly stay here again if I do visit Berkeley again.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple