“Excellent B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Berkeley
The Brick Path Guest Suites
Ranked #4 of 8 Berkeley B&B and Inns
Austin, Texas
“Excellent B&B”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Brick Path last weekend and were very satisfied. The "Master Suite" was as described on the web site, in a very, very quiet and tranquil garden setting, including a private deck and outdoor seating (which we didn't use because of the rain).

The room included a pantry with fridge, coffee & tea makers, microwave and toaster, and was stocked with Peet's coffee! Breakfast featured homemade bread baked by the owner's 85 year old father, which was excellent.

We will definitely return.

Gerry, Austin, Tx

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Denton, Texas
Reviewed March 16, 2012

This is a quality B&B and ranks a perfect score.

Immaculate! Comfortable bed and bedding! FABULOUS SERVICE!

Pros: Breakfast comes to your room, when you want it! We've stayed at a lot of B&Bs, and we really enjoyed this aspect of Brick Path B&B. We were adjusting to a 2 hour time change, and the flexible breakfast time, flexible menu and room service was a huge plus! Also, the breakfasts were really healthy, and we appreciated having that option. A mini kitchen is in your room, with a small refrigerator, and so you're totally independent in terms of when you want coffee and tea. The refrigerator is great to store drinks and restaurant leftovers. I enjoyed not having to get dressed to go find coffee and I really enjoyed not having to get dressed to eat breakfast, as we ate in our room each morning. You can walk to restaurants and shops (Solano Ave) and that was a huge plus for us. Another big plus was a PRIVATE entrance for our room. We stayed in the Fireplace Room. The B&B owner is "hands on" and you see her every day, because she delivers your breakfast, when she sets up the menu and schedule for the following morning. Wendy is a excellent host, and we will certainly go back to her B&B. We stayed 3 nights, and we can't wait to go back!!! We have family who recently moved to North Berkeley, and this B&B will be our "get-away" when we are in California.

Cons: None

We are retired and we travel often. We expect 100% and when we find it, I write a review for Trip Advisor.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Fireplace Room. Excellent.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 12, 2012

What a wonderful, romantic place to stay in Berkeley! (Next time I'll come with a friend!) I stayed in "The Fireplace Room," which has a working fireplace, and looks and feels like a home away from home. The room has a tiny fridge, and a coffee maker. Wendy, the Inn Keeper is great. And location perfect! It's right off Solano, which is filled with great restaurants, shops.and a tiny jaunt up the hill to Indian Rock to watch the sunsets -- with the locals -- it's so fun! It looks out over the bay the Golden Gate Bridge.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Maryland
Reviewed October 24, 2011

An excellent base for exploring North Berkeley. A lovely home and garden convenient to the campus, shopping and restaurants, and walkable from BART. Owner was very helpful and friendly without being obtrusive.

Room Tip: Our room facing a main street was quiet on our weekend stay; other rooms at the back of the house ar...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank artdalg
San Diego, California
Reviewed October 23, 2011

I stayed at the Brick Path B&B on my way to Calistoga for a wedding. What a wonderful surprise. Wendy was an amazing host that you feel so comfortable with the minute you meet her. The B&B was conveniently located in a wonderful area with interesting shops and delicious restaurants. But what I loved the most was that Wendy brought this amazing breakfast to my room. I mentioned I preferred healthy and that is what she brought me! From the fruit, jam, rice pancakes and more! Also, the mattresses were amazing... see just like I said, perfect in so many ways! I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
cucinista24
Reviewed September 11, 2011

We stayed here only one night on a week's vacation in the Bay Area. I would gladly stay there again. We had the fireplace room, which is spacious, with a very comfortable bed and nice private bathroom with shower. There's a reading area near the fireplace with two comfortable arm chairs, and excellent sound separation from other guest rooms. The nearby street is busy during the day, but I've never slept better. The delicious continental breakfast (fresh fruit, scones, yoghurt, muesli, good coffee, etc.) was nicely served on the patio, though alternately,we could have had it in our room. Very pleasant innkeeper, attentive to guests' needs, and if we had not already had dinner plans, a very short walk to Solano avenue, for some great restaurants and shops. Good value, and I think nicer than other similarly priced accommodations in the East Bay or San Francisco.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Ventura, California
Reviewed September 9, 2011

I am a former resident of this area and had been back many times to visit. The Brickpath is a gem and a lovely surprise ! I loved the room that Wendy Sprague, the owner of this B&B. had put me in for this visit. It has a separate entrance, a wonderful and warm bedroom with a small desk, a small kitchenette, a spacious bathroom, and a view of the courtyard. I came from a busy and hectid work week and am so grateful for this beautiful and calm space! On top of all this, it is located within walking distance to Solano Avenue, one of my most favorite neighborhood in Berkeley. I can walk out to this area literally in five minute to my favorite bookstore, cafe, ect...It is heaven on Earth ! And Wendy is most kind and helpful in everything that I had asked and requested information for. The Brickpath truly is a calm, private, and rejuvenating oasis in the middle of Berkeley. I truly recommend it to anyone who would like to have a relaxing time away from home, yet have access to everything that a small and charming city has to offer.
Rose T. Nguyen (Ventura, CA.)

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo