“That's no way to treat customers”
Review of Talavera Cafe

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Talavera Cafe
Ranked #165 of 747 Restaurants in Berkeley
Reviewed September 24, 2006

On our way into Talavera, several people were just leaving . They were disgruntled and said that they had been asked to leave because they took too long to order.

We figured that they were being dramatic so we went in anyway. I ordered 2 tacos and requested no cilantro on anything. The woman taking the order rolled her eyes. I asked if the sauce was very spicy. She, very haughtily, said "of course it's spicy - it's mexican food". My husband suggested that maybe she could give me a taste of it to avoid ordering the wrong thing. Again, she rolled her eyes. My husband asked me if I wanted to order it anyway, I said no. He said let's leave then and go somewhere else and she said "Good", rolled those eyes again and stalked off.
I think they need to revisit their business plan. That is no way to treat customers!

We went to Barney's and had great burgers and fries!

2  Thank fainlee

A TripAdvisor Member
Berkeley
Reviewed July 3, 2006

Food was pretty good, but the service was terrible. Have one of the aqua fresas if you are so inclined, but don't expect to be able to use the restroom if you need to (only place EVER with sitdown and no facilities for their paying customers). Overall, this place is not worth the money nor the time.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member