“Lots Of Food”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed December 20, 2018

Five of us went here for dinner. We went all out and had onion rings, curly fries and pickle chips with our burgers. A lot of food. My burger was too rare, even though I ordered it well done. It also had a funny taste, which could have been the onion. Everyone else seemed to enjoy theirs. Expensive.

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed June 13, 2018 via mobile

We came here for one of our last meals before our vacation ended. When we walked in the host tried to sit us in the middle of the restaurant and when we asked to sit in one of the many empty booths she seemed irritated, however she did sit us in a booth. First we ordered skinny fries and sweet potato fries and they came out fresh and hot. Then we ordered our burgers. I had the Maui waui and my friends had the Baja and another burger with guacamole and sour cream. The guacamole had some unfresh sections which we scraped off. My burger was good but it wasn’t anything to rave about. My other friend didn’t really have anything to say about his baja burger except that it was about average. On the good side the food came out fast and hot.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 2, 2018 via mobile

Sometimes you just want to eat a family meal where everyone will be pleased. Barney’s fits the bill for our 3 gen family outing. Everyone enjoys the fries...sweet potato for the elders and curly for the kids. Veggie burger? Got it! Excellent pesto portobello burger! Even grilled cheese for the kids. And, of course burgers. Shakes are enormous. We go a couple of times a year and that fits the bill for us. Sweet servers too.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed April 12, 2018

What more to say than: super burgers, good service, nice experience. I go there every time I'm in Berkeley. I've never been disappointed.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed March 11, 2018

We were visiting UCB and looking for a good burger place. We asked a mother of 2 young boys if this is the best burger place and she said Friday night is family burger night at Barney's in her opinion. Barney's was full of families and students filling up on charcoal burgers (although there is also an extensive menu). Service was fast and attentive. We ordered Classic Burgers with cheddar cheese and comes with tomato, red onion, lettuce, dill pickle slice and a very small cup of special sauce, full order of skinny fries (huge for 2!) and draft beer. We left feeling Barney's hits the spot with a good burger!

Date of visit: March 2018