“Always happy!”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed July 28, 2011

always leave happy...and full. keep coming back. The bento boxes are highly recommended. Have tried many of their fish specials and have never been disappointed.

Reviewed June 19, 2010

I was in Berkeley at University of California for an event. Berkeley has so many ethnic places to eat. I was in the mood for japanese curry rice so I tried a couple of Japanese reaustrant seek ing Curry Rice. Ended up at Ichiban but no curry, across the street I found Shshi Ko. They had curry on their menu so I decided to try. Typical Japanese decor, plays top 40 type music instead of japanese. Freindly staff. Tables and sushi counter seating. Menu is typical, what I call, American taste Japanese but Heavy on the Sushi. They bring out edame to start. No hot towel. Water with lemon slice. I ordered side order of Cold Tofu, Large side order Maguro Sashimi, and a Beef Curry Donburi. They don't serve cold tofu as a starter like most Japanese restaurants, which made me wonder what kind of japanese place it was. Oh well no cold tofu. The Beef Curry Donburi came with a nice dinner salad and miso soup. The Maguro Sashimi was fresh, very good and the portion was ample. NOT the frozen type servered else where. The curry however was very diffrent, NOT typical Japanese style curry (which I eat a lot). It was made with sukiyaki type vegitables like choped won bok cabage, onions, carrots with sukiyaki sliced beef over rice. An orange slice was placed on the rice (?). The curry sause was good although spicy and the portion was good size but I did not care for the way it was prepaired. Price for dinner was resonable at only $22.00 for everything.

Next time I'll order the Beef Sukiyaki dinner or Tempura.

They serve Sake and Beer. Open until 10:00 PM on Saturdays. Street parking is hard to find. I would have to say give the place a try. Visa, MC and AMX taken.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed June 23, 2008

Hey! They speak Japanese here! One of the good Japanese restaurants in Berkeley. I always enjoy myself when I eat here.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook