“What a Disappointment”

King Tsin Restaurant
Ranked #372 of 741 Restaurants in Berkeley
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I can remember when this place was considered the best place for Chinese Food. Well, How Things Change !!!! Unfortunately, the food is now Nothing Like it once was !! SAD ..... Please be Warned !!! Every dish we ordered was a Huge Disappointment and was, frankly, Horrible .... The restaurant is obviously under new ownership and the skilled chefs and the formerly delicious food are GONE !! Save yourself the grief of an over-priced forgettable meal.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I recently stopped for lunch and ordered Kung Paola chicken. I was brought Saechwan chicken.
When I told the waitress of the error she actually told me there were two Kung Pao dishes on the menu!
And I should have told her which one I wanted when I ordered. Absolute nonsense . She just walked away.
The quality of the food was poor.
I will not return to this restaurant.

1  Thank CathyPR
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We eat at King Tsin at least once a week and have found it every time to be a friendly, welcoming, attractive place to have dim sum and very good, reasonably priced lunch specials.
We recommend it for business lunches and families, especially.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

My in-laws treat my family for dinner and I recommend to dine at King Tsin. We live nearby and on occassion we usually dine here knowing the food was always excellent. My in-laws was so impressed and they really like the coconut prawn with walnut. Thumbs up to the Chef! We ordered chow mien and so good not too oily. The rest of the dish are all excellent but we noticed this restaurant is empty, even their Sports bar. Oh by the way, we have to asks 3 times then the waiter bring us our water. Be careful when you order or else you will be surprised with your bill. Honestly, for whatever reason, we will try another Chinese restaurant next time.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

we tried the dumpling and noodles soup, chicken dish - not too bad but little bit too oily and salty.