“the best so far” 4 of 5 bubbles

La Mission Mexican Grill
Ranked #55 of 692 Restaurants in Berkeley
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Long Beach, California
“the best so far”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

This is for the true travelers. Food here is good. Worth the wait and $. I ate there 2 days in a row. Day one al pastor + carnitias tacos. Both were great. Plenty of flavor and better than any I have found so far in the area. Today I had the carnitias plate and 2 al pastor tacos. The plate included grilled onions and a chile along with rice and beans. I like it better this way. I'm going try the chile relleno when I return next week. Like I said, I travel, and I'm form L.A. and good Mexican food is hard to come by. They are tops in the area so far.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Denver, CO
“Amazingly good place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

As we drove up, I thought we had to be in the wrong place. We walked up to the counter to order and I was overwhelmed with the choices. I ended up ordering two different types of burrittos. Both were amazing! It would have tasted better with an adult beverage, but I would definately go back and try something else. The lamb and churizo/potatoe burritto were both great. Even my 6 year old thought the food was great and she can be a bit challenging. I felt like I had found a true locals gem!!

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Quincy, Massachusetts
“Loved this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Some of the best Mexican food I've had in ages. Really friendly, excellent food, and a nice little patio/terrace... They were making the watermelon agua fresca as we came in and it was so, so good, make sure you try it!

• Visited September 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Excellent Mexican fare.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

I am quiet surprised there are no reviews for this place on TA. Well if you are ever hungry in Berkeley, you gotta check this place out.
We went here on a sunday morning for breakfast and liked all that we ordered. My husband had their breakfast chorizo and eggs which was served with potatoes and beans with tortilla. I tried their fish tacos and loved them!!

• Visited August 2013