“Great Greek food and service”

Troy greek cuisine berkeley ca
Ranked #100 of 712 Restaurants in Berkeley
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I came in here for lunch and it was everything i wanted. I haven't had good Greek in a long time, so all I wanted was Falafel and Gyro and they did it perfectly. My brother and I split Dolma and Falafel appetizers. The Falafel was excellent- crispy crunchy outside with tender moist inside and excellent flavor. The dolma was fresh and tasty. Then came the Gyro. The lamb was excellent, the vegetables fresh and their Tsatsiki sauce is outstanding. They brought us a hot red sauce and an even hotter green sauce too. Everything was excellent. It really filled the craving I've had for a while. If I go back to Berkeley, i'm stopping in there again.

There are newer reviews for Troy greek cuisine berkeley ca

Reviewed April 16, 2014

the food here is quite good particularly when you consider the reasonable prices. I particularly like the chicken schawarma, the meza platter and for a guilty treat once in a while the greek fries. The bar features some nice woodwork with a game of some sort usually playing on the large screen above. The service is pleasant. They generally do not take down your names when there is a wait and instead rely on the host's memory. This generally works but I would prefer that they keep a least of those waiting for tables. While not the best greek food I have ever had, the food is good and the prices are right.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Troy has good Greek food served quickly at a good price. The decor is surprisingly elegant. The menu is firmly simple, featuring souvlaki and gyros on platters or as entrees. The house hot sauces are quite nice. If I lived closer I would eat here often.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Hadn't been on Solano Avenue for a year and was happy to see a new Greek restaurant where Farrari Bros. had been. I was there on New Year's Day and had a nice lunch of a Mezes plate that was enough food for 2 people as a light lunch. The plate featured hummus, babaganoush, olives, falafel and pita bread. We also ordered a horiatiki salad and some retsina. All the food was delicious. Then we finished it off with baklava and Greek coffee. My only complaint was that the coffee was extremely small, even smaller than an espresso cup. But otherwise I enjoyed the food and the casual setting. I was also happy to find that the horiatiki salad did not have lettuce as so often happens in the US. Nice place for lunch.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Troy is a new favorite of ours. It is reasonably priced and has great food. Even when they are busy (which is most of the time) we have never had to wait more than about 15 minutes for a table. We usually order food to-go and appreciate the way they always get the order out fast. My favorite dish is the Lamb Kapama. Braised lamb chunks in a tomato sauce on saffron rice. My husband always gets the Beef Souvlaki. The Dolma are the best I've ever had! The Mousaka is also very good.

We are happy to have such good Greek food so close to home.