“This is my favorite!”

Oakland, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This is my favorite!”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I love Udupi Palace. It has delicious, affordable, spicy South Indian food. The thali is the best - a little bit a everything to taste, including dessert. I also think the dosas are delicious. They have great hours, and the staff is friendly. It's not fancy, but if you want some super tasty and affordable food, check out Udupi!

• Visited October 2012

usa
“didnt like the food or location”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

i really did not care for the food. i dont see why people love this place, maybe i prefer north indian food better or something. it is somewhat away from campus

Visited August 2011
Denver, Colorado
“Seriously good Masala Dosa”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I live in Denver but I'm from the SF Bay Area and am quite picky about my dosa. Despite growing up in Berkeley, I'd somehow managed to avoid Udupi all these years. We got dosa takeout tonight and it was so ridiculously good. The potatoes are tender enough to melt in your mouth. The dosa itself is savory and thin, which I prefer. Sometimes places make them too thick and then they get soggy from the filling. I am in town for 4 more days and you can bet I'll be going back to Udupi before I leave. Yum.

• Visited June 2012
Berkeley, California
“Authentic and Yummy Dosas”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

My whole family loves this place. The ambience isn't great but who cares when you can get a fabulous dosa and the divine soup (sambar) and coconut chutney that comes with it. You can even get free refills on the sambar, just like in India. I've taken my mother and aunt (both in their eighties) and they loved it. No one I've taken or gone with has ever gotten sick.

Tip: have the rava masala dosa and ask them to make it extra crispy.

• Visited December 2011
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“The worst south indian place ever. This is comming from a south Indian.”
Reviewed February 24, 2009

The worst south indian place ever. This is comming from a south Indian.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook