“good old fashion burger”
Review of Bongo Burger

Bongo Burger
Ranked #110 of 712 Restaurants in Berkeley
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This place remind me of a old place in san Francisco . the crown alley burger. Very good taste with the sesame bun. but the meat is kind of dry.

There are newer reviews for Bongo Burger

Reviewed August 4, 2013

The burgers were great but there's lots of other things on the menu as well. I had the Sishkabob (beef) which was very tasty.

1  Thank ZaphodTheTraveler
Reviewed April 28, 2013

So, my friend tries to convince me that we want to go there, even though I don't eat red meat. She's in love with the Persian burger (she loves EVERYTHING Persian). I luck out: lots of non-red meat choices, including a spicy chicken burger that I adore. Crispy, crinkle cut fries, great and friendly and quick service. It's worth finding parking to stop by and crowd in this burger joint. And I will be returning when I'm in Berkeley for sure.

1  Thank kcdenman
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

I had the basic cheeseburger and fries and they were really good. The meat tastes very fresh, and was seasoned well. My son got the black bean burger and really liked it as well. There were lots of other things in the menu that looked good, and would appeal to different kinds of tastes. I think I saw falafel on the menu but now I can't remember. Some breakfast items too. And baklava that looked really good. I'd go again.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Not THE most amazing in the world, but pretty much top 10%. That puts this at the top of the list for anyone visiting Berkeley. Nice meat, great char, and good fries (though not served very hot). Good value, and just a nice alternative to any chain anywhere.

They also have a lamb burger and veggie options to cater to all tastes.