“Always exceptional!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Pleasant Hill, California
“Always exceptional!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

My family has been dining here for special occasions for years, and each and every time the overall dining experience has been exceptional. The food is always great, and while the restaurant can get very loud at times, you don't care, because the family is having a great time. The owners divide their time between this restaurant and another in Sicily, and their kids work as both waiters and cooks. If you want the best pasta in Berkeley/Oakland, go here..

1 Thank aprince707

Mexico City, Mexico
“Unbelievably good food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

It's been a few years since I've visited this restaurant, and I was hoping that my memories of it were not time enhanced......they weren't! The food was exceptional, the ambiance and staff are warm and inviting; they make you feel like family. Everything was cooked and seasoned to perfection from the heirloom tomatoes with mozzarella and the portobello mushroom appetizers, to the myriad of entrees our party enjoyed to the delicious cannoli for desert, everything was delicious. Highly recommended!

Winchester, Massachusetts, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food Was Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

We just had an amazing meal at Trattoria La Siciliana. The food was fresh and delicious. The risotto with butternut squash was heavenly. The atmosphere was cozy and the staff very friendly. I highly recommend this restaurant and hope to return here again one day. Just keep it mind that it is cash only!

California
“Former Favorite Italian Place Sliding Downhill...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

I used to go here all the time for special occasions, and the last three times I've been there, things have been different. The food is more oily, there's less of it, and it doesn't have the same flavors. Is there a new chef? Am I going on the wrong nights? I still love their caesar salad the amazing garlic olive oil, but my favorite pastas have left me a bit cold recently. I'm going back a couple of more times to be sure that I didn't just hit bad nights, but I'm quite wary of the food here now.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Worth a trip to Berkeley!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

We were on a family vacation in San Francisco for Thanksgiving. We ate here on Friday night. While we went toTrattoria La Siciliana on the recommendation of family & friends, it was the only restaurant in the area with a line. That's a sure sign of good food! My favorite type of restaurant - small & noisy! There were 13 of us. We met the owner, Angelo, and had a feed-me style dinner served family style all selected by Angelo after asking us about our preferences. We didn't even consult the menu. Some of the dishes we had were Granchio All Insalata - dungeness crab caught only hours earlier that had been marinating in olive oil, lemon, parsley & garlic. Extraordinary!! Anitpasto Caprese - refreshing! Pasta dishes - Rigatoni A'matriciana, a vegetarian version of Rigatoni A'matriciana, Mushroom Ravioli and Pappardelle Bolognese - amazing! We had a meat platter with chicken, veal & beef. Everything was delicious! Finished the meal with tiramisu! Light & scrumptious! We were celebrating a couple of birthdays & waiters sang Happy Birthday in Italian. Delightful! Make the trip to Berkeley for a true taste of Sicily! CASH ONLY!

• Visited November 2012