“Unbelievably good food!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 23, 2012

It's been a few years since I've visited this restaurant, and I was hoping that my memories of it were not time enhanced......they weren't! The food was exceptional, the ambiance and staff are warm and inviting; they make you feel like family. Everything was cooked and seasoned to perfection from the heirloom tomatoes with mozzarella and the portobello mushroom appetizers, to the myriad of entrees our party enjoyed to the delicious cannoli for desert, everything was delicious. Highly recommended!

Reviewed December 20, 2012

We just had an amazing meal at Trattoria La Siciliana. The food was fresh and delicious. The risotto with butternut squash was heavenly. The atmosphere was cozy and the staff very friendly. I highly recommend this restaurant and hope to return here again one day. Just keep it mind that it is cash only!

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I used to go here all the time for special occasions, and the last three times I've been there, things have been different. The food is more oily, there's less of it, and it doesn't have the same flavors. Is there a new chef? Am I going on the wrong nights? I still love their caesar salad the amazing garlic olive oil, but my favorite pastas have left me a bit cold recently. I'm going back a couple of more times to be sure that I didn't just hit bad nights, but I'm quite wary of the food here now.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

We were on a family vacation in San Francisco for Thanksgiving. We ate here on Friday night. While we went toTrattoria La Siciliana on the recommendation of family & friends, it was the only restaurant in the area with a line. That's a sure sign of good food! My favorite type of restaurant - small & noisy! There were 13 of us. We met the owner, Angelo, and had a feed-me style dinner served family style all selected by Angelo after asking us about our preferences. We didn't even consult the menu. Some of the dishes we had were Granchio All Insalata - dungeness crab caught only hours earlier that had been marinating in olive oil, lemon, parsley & garlic. Extraordinary!! Anitpasto Caprese - refreshing! Pasta dishes - Rigatoni A'matriciana, a vegetarian version of Rigatoni A'matriciana, Mushroom Ravioli and Pappardelle Bolognese - amazing! We had a meat platter with chicken, veal & beef. Everything was delicious! Finished the meal with tiramisu! Light & scrumptious! We were celebrating a couple of birthdays & waiters sang Happy Birthday in Italian. Delightful! Make the trip to Berkeley for a true taste of Sicily! CASH ONLY!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

My son told me if anywhere is particularly good in Berkeley you will find queues of people clamouring to get in. He was bang on right about this place. Despite the queues they had an efficient system of letting you know your table was ready and the staff team were super friendly. We shared Frito miso and fresh mozzarella salad to start, followed by a delightful seafood linguine and a second pasta with juicy tasty meatballs for main. Managed to find enough room for a divine chocolate fondant to end the evening. Also had a great wine selection and the oil served with bread makes my mouth water even thinking about it a week later!