“excellent food!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2012

this place is great and worth the wait. it is true italian food that you would imagine you would have in someone's home in italy. love it!

Reviewed June 15, 2012

If for no other reason than to have the world's most delectable porcini mushroom ravioli and some of the tastiest pork shoulder this side of the pecos, go here. And if you want permanent halitosis that is SO worth the week you'll go without nookie from your honey, GO HERE, because the uber-garlicky oil for the fresh foccacia is delish. I wouldn't bother with the main menu...it's fine (and way too long) but not anything to write home about. But the specials are terrific and the afore mentioned dishes will give you shuddering When Harry Met Sally-esque mouthgasms of tasty pleasure. Go early, bring cash and prepare for a "Sally" moment of your very own.

2  Thank Lyrica71
Reviewed June 4, 2012

This fantastic family-owned gem was recommended by the folks at our hotel the Durant. One of the owners, Angelo, was our server and he was the soul of warmth. We had reservations for the only six-top in the small space and an earlier group lingered. He brought us into the restaurant and gave us all complimentary wine while we waited, which also lead the others to depart.

Angelo recommended 3 appetizers and 3 entrees which they doubled for a wonderful combination of flavors and plenty of food for the six of us. We had a frutti de mare plate; proscuitto and cheese that included fantastic pickled vegetables; and a lovely fresh caprese salad as our appetizers. For entrees, there was a shrimp and lobster risotto, gnocchi, and the best carbonara I have ever had. All of the pasta was homemade and to die for.

We'll definitely be back.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

This place is hands down the best Italian restaurant in the area. In fact I love it more than almost all of the dozens of restaurants I have eaten at in North Beach. I have been to this restaurant at least 7+ times and it is consistently excellent.

Come hungry because the portions are traditional italian portions and, they really specialize in family style. In fact they are a bit pushy with the family style ordering, we always decline and get our own normal size portions which they don't like. Don't let them push you into it by telling you that the food will come out at all different times, they always say that and its always fine :)

There is no bad decision in this place, literally every single appetizer and entree I have eaten there has been fantastic. Desserts could be better but I am so full I can't even get through dessert most times.

Expect a wait. They do take reservations for parties of 3 or more , but they are never on time :)

Bring a sweater, this place is busy and the door is pretty much opened and closed every 15 seconds. Its also noisy and bright. Deal with it, its worth it!

Service is, well like most italian restaurants, a bit spotty. On a good note most of these waiters are literally from Italy and they know their food and wines. Just be ready to roll with the service and don't expect fine dining experience from the service side.

Wine list is decent but I usually bring my own bc I like wines that are a bit bolder than the ones they offer. The corkage is 10 or 20 dollars, depends on the waiter is what I have found :)

Enjoy!

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Great place to eat real Pasta and Italian food !!!