“another wonderful breakfast”
Review of La Note

La Note
Reserve with OpenTable
La Note is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 747 Restaurants in Berkeley
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Cross street: Durant Ave
Transit: Downtown Berkeley Bart station 4 blocks away
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We ate breakfast at La Note last Fall when we visited our daughter at Berkeley. We had such a wonderful meal we opted to return again a year later, and we were not disappointed. The food and service were both terrific.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I am not a fan of La Note. I know this restaurant gets good reviews and I understand why people may like it. But I don't favor places that pretend to be something else somewhere else. And even worse, if this pretending is far from original...

La Note tries to imitate French style. Being from Europe and commuting to France for couple of years, I can clearly say, this restaurant has nothing to do with the ones you can find in France. Apart from interior that pretends to be French, nothing in the menu reminds me of Paris. Omlettes, eggs sound little European, but do not look like. Needles to say I havent eaten even decent criossant anywhere in the US and La Note is no exception. And the have no fresh orange juice...

So while accepting this votum separatum from wave of great reviews, enjoy the good position you have anyway :-)

1  Thank Mike D
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I've eaten 3 times now at La Note. I think it's the best breakfast that I've tried in Berkeley. We recently returned during Homecoming weekend on a Sunday morning. We arrived at 9 am and the wait was 45 minutes. The wait would have been longer except that the staff opened up their patio for dining.

I love this establishment's food, but it's not worth that long of a wait. Granted, Berkeley was bustling that weekend. I suggest trying La Note on weekday mornings.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

On every trip to the bay area, we have a weekend breakfast at La Note. It is always crowded for breakfast/brunch and a 45 minute wait standing out on the sidewalk is not unusual. But, the food is so good! Have had the specialty pancakes on occasion, as well as a traditional scrambled eggs with breakfast potatoes and good bacon. The Salad Nicoise is excellent, of course! The place is very small, although there is outdoor seating in the back.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Eat with the locals (students, theatre and cinema goers, hip Berkeley residents) and feel like you've all been invited to a delicious, fun, provencal party. The food is a good value and is always very fresh. If you make a reservation on opentable for dinner, then you have nothing to worry about. If you go for a delicious weekend brunch- put your name on the list, head over to the bookstore and relax until your table is ready. You won't be disappointed!