“Eggs the way I like them!”
Review of La Note

La Note
Reserve with OpenTable
La Note is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 703 Restaurants in Berkeley
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Cross street: Durant Ave
Transit: Downtown Berkeley Bart station 4 blocks away
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Eggs the way I like them!”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Since we were in Berkeley to visit our son, Luke, he and I had "Les Oeufs Lucas" (scrambled with goat cheese and chives), which we very much enjoyed. The place is busy and crowded for breakfast, but in a fun way, and the food was excellent. To our tastes, the coffee, however, left a bit to be desired.

• Visited May 2012

Bay Area, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic food”
Reviewed May 26, 2012

The breakfasts are unreal, always a line, get there early. Nicoise salad always a hit, sandwiches are delicious, lovely place with a garden. Like being in france.

Visited May 2012
Guaynabo
“Great great great!!!”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I worked in a French Restaurant for 8 years with a true french baker so I know what French food should taste like. This was a great surprise! The brioche was fantastic and perfectly done. I can see why they are always busy...I do have to give Kudo to our French waitess BEATRICE. She was one of the BEST wait people I have had in a very very very long time. Friendly and so attentive to our needs. We just loved her! My next trip to Berkeley, I am stopping here!!

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank LaCoqui222
Oakland, California
“French Cafe on Shattuck Avenue in Berkeley”
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Excellent breakfasts and salads. Pleasant atmosphere (but can get noisy for those with hearing impairment).

Visited March 2012
Annapolis
“Lovely dinner at La Note”
Reviewed May 6, 2012

We arrived a La Note for dinner around 8:00pm on a Friday. I had called ahead and was told there were tables available. The biggest challenge of the evening was finding parking. On the third pass, I was going to hop out and get a table but instead a spot opened up right in front. We were seated immediately at a window table. There was an accordionist playing that evening to add to the french atmosphere.

We started with a beer and a glass of wine. The wine list is very reasonable and had some interesting selctions, but since I was sticking with wine by the glass, I had fewer choices but enjoyed the Semillon-Sauvignon Blanc ($8) . We started with the crotin de camemberts aux poires ($11.50) which is camembert with roasted pears. I loved this dish. The pears were perfect. The french bread was good. It was served quickly.

We moved on to the Ravioli aux Poires et a la Roquette ($15.50) and the Poulet aux Prunneaux ($16.50). My ravioli was recommended by the server and it was a good choice. The chicken was tender and tasty and a large portion. The dessert menu had some great choices, but after the camambert we felt we had to pass.

The atmosphere is French country farmhouse. There were some larger groups in the dining room which could be a challenge for seating. I would definitely return, especially for brunch.

• Visited April 2012